“Nigiri was fantastic!”
Review of Miku

Miku
Reserve with OpenTable
Miku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,138 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$23 - US$46
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street & Canada Place Way
Description: We specialize in Aburi, or flamed-seared sushi, which was developed nearly a century ago in Japan. The act of applying fire directly to sushi enhances the natural flavours and textures of the fish, creating a new and exciting culinary experience. Miku owner Seigo Nakamura innovated the Aburi concept by crafting specialty sauces using non-traditional Japanese ingredients to pair with each type of fish. The light sear from the binchotan (Japanese bamboo charcoal) caramelizes the sauce, releasing a smoky aroma and bringing out the finest flavours in each piece of Aburi sushi. Miku Restaurant is within walking distance from the Pan Pacific Hotel, Canada Place, Fly Over Canada, Cruise Ship Terminals and Sea Bus.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The Abari is a must try! The scallop dish was delicious. The Otoro nigiri so good. And for the meat and potatoes man in your family, get the Wagyu steak with roasted veges.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,852)

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Some of the things on their menu were new too us and we enjoyed them very much. They are located in a very nice place, great views, good atmosphere, nice service - recommend

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I booked because it was close to my hotel and looked interesting from the reviews. Sadly this wasn't the type of Japanese food I'm used to and I didn't really like it very much. However, the server was excellent and notified the management that I wasn't eating much of my tasting meal, so he dropped over to the table and had an extra course brought over, which I quite enjoyed. No fuss. Just well trained staff ensuring a customer was happy with the experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Booked for a family member’s birthday. We had originally visited when holidaying from the UK in 2015 and since we were back in Vancouver for a couple of days it was too good an opportunity to miss.
The food and drink was a spectacle on its own. We chose fixed menus and drinks pairings and neither disappointed. I booked through OpenTable and the system worked perfectly, getting update emails and checking for confirmation (I even claimed the window table/harbour view as part of the deal! ).
I’d recommend Miku to anyone who likes Japanese cuisine or is willing to try something new.
Word of warning though, it can get noisy and busy at times and the saki might ruin the following day!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I tried a few sushi restaurants in Vancouver and have to say I enjoyed this one the most. The sushi is wonderfully fresh and tasty. I also had the calamari which was perfectly prepared . They offer to deep fry your prawn heads for prawn chips which i thought was interesting. Yes, I ate them and they were good! They opened a location in Toronto which I will likely visit soon. This definitely deserves a try.