“Now a bar”

Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Rossland
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 April 2017

It is now a bar and at the bar, they have saddles to sit in. They have craft beers on tap. Had some brandy there. I am coming back.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Got there with a friend just as they were closing the kitchen. They stayed open for us cause my friend is a local and knows them well. Had the veggie burger. It was so good.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Delicious food with vegan & gluten free options, they were happy to create a specially requested breakfast for me as none of the breakfast menu items were vegan although all sounded delicious! I also enjoyed the veggie chili for lunch the following day. Beware portions are large! The nachos was absolutely huge. Service was laid back and friendly. Neat atmosphere. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

had lunch here with friends, Sandwich special grilled. Very tasty, generous portion,
Small cozy place. friendly service. draft craft beer plus wine menu. Dinner at later time was also good. Small place very pub like. Some Thursdays they have entertainment at night.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We are residents of Rossland and love this town and the small businesses and people that go with that, however, being small town does not mean that you have to put up with shoddy service and bad food, which we experienced when we went to Clansey's for Nachos and a drink a couple of months ago. We complained to the manager, who was actually quite rude to us at the time, but so be it, he comped our meal (which we didn't ask him to do).

We took some friends from out of town for a drink to Clansey's around 9:00 p.m. on Saturday night only to walk through the door and the manager confront us, as he was pouring drinks, with "We're just cashing up." They clearly weren't. We said nothing and left. When we were heading home around midnight we passed Clansey's only to see that there were still people in there and the lights on.

The manager clearly recognised us from our complaint a couple of months previous! In my mind and as a previous bar and restaurant manager myself, that is not the way to deal with complaints. In fact proving that you can actually provide good service and food would be the only way to go!

I went into Clansey's today to find out their closing times. The girls were clearly shocked and confused when I advised them that the manager had told us he was cashing up at 9pm on a Saturday night and that there were clearly tables free. They had no explanation for me.

Now I'm only surmising that the manager is holding a grudge, maybe there was another reason he didn't want the four of us to come into his establishment, spend our money on a few drinks,. Anyway, that's his loss ........ well not even his loss, the owner is losing out, the manager still gets paid whether he refuses customers or not! The owner though is the one who is out of pocket!!

We won't be taking out of town friends and family to Clansey's while he is the manager, that is a sure thing! And word of mouth in small town Rossland is huge!

1  Thank NellieMay91