“Fabulous food, high class atmosphere”
Review of Winston's Dining Room - CLOSED

Winston's Dining Room
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Take your wife or best girl here for a delightful dinner. The food is great, the service is attentive but not obtrusive and the prices are good for the quality. Winston’s is located in the Coast Inn of the North where we were staying. The Inn is in a fairly grotty area of town so we decided to just eat at the hotel. Good decision.

This is billed as a “Resto-Bar” so you can have the same food, drink and prices in either the formal dining room or in the more relaxed bar. We chose the dining room. We arrived for happy hour and started with glasses of house white and the mixed tempura appy. The tempura was excellent and would have been a meal in itself. Shrimp and various vegetables.

For the main course, we chose Prawn Fettuccini which was also great. The noodles were so delicate they had to be made on site. The sauce was lovely and the prawns were perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

A Friend recommended trying this place which was reopened in the same dining room but less upscale and called a resto-bar, still offering mainly fine dining menu options. She recommended the prime rib which hubby had. It came in various sized cuts, with yorkshire pud and baked potato (the size of PEI) and a few veggies. I had lamb chops with chimichuri sauce, roast potatoes and same veggies (3 spears of steamed asparagus). He liked his - loves meat and potatoes Me, well, meh for $34 a plate. Lamb was not well grilled, being a bit flabby although it came med-rare as asked. Roast potatoes were barely roasted and slightly al dente. My appetizer of a dynamite roll was a disaster! At least it was taken off the tab. We mentioned it was our anniversary and we were comped an amuse bouche and desserts. Nice effort by our young waitress. Place was not busy on a Sunday night, but the kitchen was not operating at a fine dining level. Perhaps it was the slower sunday night crew or something, but the offerings were less than remarkable. So, doubt I would go back.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

What a nice place. It is so quaint and cozy in this hotel restaurant. The service is top notch with the most pleasant serving staff. (They even laughed at my dad's jokes). We all had something different off the menu and everyone enjoyed their dinners. Lots of mmmm and oh this is delicious . I had halibut and it was the best I've ever had. Flaky ,tender and with the perfect amount of spice. Excellent desserts too. It was so good to find a restaurant in Prince George that has such comfy yet classy flare,it was like big city

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Moderately priced menu with many choices. I had fresh halibut with roasted rosemary potatoes and carrots. It was just perfect. Great wine choices and beautifully plated desserts. It is located in The Coast Inn of the North hotel, and was very quiet the Monday night I was there. Service was excellent, staff courteous. Wish it was in my hometown!!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I ate here (the lounge) 7 times in my latest trip to PG. The food is excellent and the staff are friendly. There was no reason for me to have to leave the hotel for supper as everything i had on the menu was great.