All reviews front desk hallway noise nice hotel comfortable room on site restaurant place to stay hot tub british columbia mini fridge highway aurora pg suite pros casino laptop trailer
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The rooms have been bigger than expected and the beds have been very comfortable. There is a big parking lot in front of the hotel and some Restaurants nearby. Pool is quite old but clean.
We expected a bit more ambience and style from a hotel of the sheraton group. And there was a very strong smell in the lobby each time we enterd the hotel. The hotel seems to be a little outdated. Its ok for a sleepover when driving through, I don't think i would stay there for a longer time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Aurora C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi there
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Yes, the hotel is now 12 years old and we are going through a property improvement and are awaiting for the new furniture to arrive for the guest rooms and also will be starting the renovations to the lobby area in September. The smell in the lobby unfortunately, nine times out of ten, it is, our Pulp Mill that gives off that terrible odour. When it is that strong even our signature air freshener, does not cover it up. I really do appreciate your business and hope you will give us another chance once our renovations are completed.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We had confirmed reservations for the hotel, but upon arrival front desk staff could not find our reservations and advised the hotel was fully booked for the night. After front desk staff checked with a manager, a room was found for us! Access from Highway 97 south is difficult and leaving via Highway 97 south is even more interesting. Decent room size. Very quiet room with no hallway noise. Good restaurant nearby...within walking distance. A distance from downtown Prince George...near a casino...located on the south end of the city. Not a hotel we would return to. Likely popular for business travellers.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aurora C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hello Doug

Thank you for notifying me about, the reservation problems, you experienced at the Four Points. I appreciate you taking the time to write. I am very concerned that a misunderstanding like this could happen and I wish to apologize. I am however unable to research my records without your last name to determine what could have happened. There have been many sold out dates and if you were told that, we probably only had our upper end rooms available and not the room type you may have reserved. After making the call to me, I authorized them to upgrade another guest, so that, we could accommodate you. Yes, getting into this property can be somewhat confusing if travelling down Hwy 97 North. This issue was addressed in court back in 2007 when this property opened but, were unsuccessful as ,they determined that, it was unsafe, to put a left hand turn into the property.
Best Regards
Aurora

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Pros:

-staff were very friendly

Cons:

- room was dirty (stains on wall and blinds, floor had debris on it from presumably the last guest)
- furnishings chipped up and in one case, falling off the wall
- disrepair in general (tub plug not screwed in, remote missing battery cover)

For $170 a night this was a ripoff. I checked out and will spend the rest of my trip elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Aurora C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi There,
I appreciate your feed back on your recent stay. I am sorry we failed to give you the fine accommodations we strive for, with all our guests. Please note that your comments have been reviewed in detail with the housekeeping dept. and that steps have been taken to ensure these faults are solved promptly. We are in the process of a property improvement and are waiting for the new furniture to arrive as, we have done some updates to the rooms like,new couches and chairs, lighting, carpets. We anticipate everything to be completed by the end of this year. If this was brought to my attention before you checking out, I would have addressed all issues at the time and would have made the rest of your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights early June and the staff from the point of check in to the peoples person general manager were fantastic.
I got exactly what I would like in a hotel including the clean rooms and close proximity to downtown area.
Thank you team Four Points Prince George!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Have stayed at this property several times. Staff are always knowledgeable and friendly, and the hotel is generally quite clean.

The property itself is a little on the loud side- its easy to hear the highway and other guests throughout, but its tolerable and does not detract. The older TV's are a bummer if you plan on hooking up your laptop.

The rooms are generally quite nice, well kept and clean. comfy beds and very decent amenities really boost the appeal. The hotel also deserves a shoutout for having a decent workout center. If you travel for work it's definitely a huge plus.

I will definitely be staying again, and it is one of my favorite properties in northern BC

Room tip: Go for a higher floor for quietness
Date of stay: June 2018