“Appies & Beer”

Shooters Sports Bar
Ranked #161 of 249 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

It wasn't busy when I went so the service was great and the beer selection was pretty good. We just ordered appies. They were pretty decent, but nothing about the place really stands out.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

A friend and I went here for a quick bite before an event at the CN Center and the experience was deplorable. My friend arrived at 530 and ordered 2 waters and a glass lf wine and when I arrived at 6 she just got her wine. The waitress looked frazzled and new, we have been in her shoes so were understandind, the event didn't start until 730. At 615 I ordered a chicken taco salad, my friend ordered a mushroom cheese burger, no bun and side salad. At 650 drinks were empty for 30 minutes, no waitress to reorder and no food. My friend had to search out the waitress and when she finally found her, she was told our food would be up soon. By 7 when it wasn't and our drinks were still empty a manager was called over who explained the kitchen was behind and it would be out soon but our meals would be no charge. 710 it arrived! The hamburger on no bun was on a bun, the mushrooms were barely visible, my chicken taco salad had no sour cream, salsa, cheese and had nachos along the edges, no tortilla bowl. Thanks goodness my friend had ordered a side of dressing or my salad would have been choked down dry. The manager said he would get the sour cream and salsa when the kitchen had a minute and that minute never came. By the time our food came 3/4 of the tables were gone, never did see our waitress again and all the tables around us were muttering their disappointments prior to leaving. We had gone here bevore the Heart concert and experience was good, I may never go back after this.

1  Thank Cathie B
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Ordered the Deep Fried Dill pickles and a soft drink at lunch on a Sunday. The order came quickly but although the pickles were crispy, the pickles were cold inside. Not tasty at all. The soft drinks were watered down terribly. Although it was early in the day the waitress seemed uninterested in waiting on us. Fine for a beer I guess.

Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

I went to this establishment and the service was some of the worst I have ever had in quite some time. The waitresses were all talking around the pos terminal while several patrons went unserved. This continued for about 15 min until I had to go and order a drink for myself. The place was not very busy either. Horrible service. I left after my drink and will never return again.

1  Thank JT F
Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

Went for dinner and apply on a rare date night with the hubby, child free. We shared the calamari and crab dip. I had the steak sandwich with yam fries.. so crazy good! The pub was quiet as everyone was at the hockey game. Great atmosphere, awesome service, food was yummy and company was perfect. Had the Virgin Caesar as I was driving, my mouth is watering thinking of it. Hungry just thinking about it, we might go for lunch again today.