“Not a bad place to spend the night”

Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We've stayed at this hotel a few times now and we keep coming back. The hotel was new a few years back but it's starting to show it's age somewhat (the hallways could use a good cleaning) but the room was comfortable although we found the bed sort of curved in toward the middle. I slept fine but my wife didn't. The attached restaurant is very good for both dinner and breakfast. The hotel is not in the city centre which makes it easy to get to plus there is lots of shopping nearby.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Hello

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Apologies for the not so great sleep for your wife. We do replace a number of mattress each year as well as when needed.
My contact details are below if you wish to discuss further as I would obviously like to get this rooms mattress changed ASAP.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Not sure if the house keeper was having a bad day or what. Checked into the room and found some powder residue all over the kitchen counters and a bunch of hair in the tub. Room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. Contacted the front desk and they were apologetic and moved us to a new room. After getting to new room everything looked okay at first. After checking the bedroom we found what looked like pet hair on the pillows and a bunch on the couch and curtains. We contacted the front desk again and asked to speak to a manager but there wasn't one available until the morning. The front desk lady was very apologetic and ungraded us to a jacuzzi room with a different house keeper and informed us that there was no pets allowed in any of the rooms that we had been in. The jacuzzi room was cleaner but still had some stains on the walls but we were too tired to care anymore after travelling all day and switching rooms twice. I was under the impression that this was the higher end hotel of the two sandman's in PG but I've stayed multiple times at the other location without any concerns. Definitely won't be staying at the signature location again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. You have my apologies for what you encountered. This is obviously not what we aim to deliver and I have spoken to my team about this.
If you would like to discuss further my details are below.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

One night stay after I could not get a campground over Labor Day weekend.

The front desk staff was knowledgeable and very accommodating.

Very nice facility. Quite clean and well maintained. Oddly small parking spaces. I mean, REALLY small.my Ford truck didn't fit in the spaces and nearly every vehicle in the parking lot was a truck of some sort. Four more inches on either side would make parking much easier with fewer door dings.

If there was a downside to the room, it was the bed. Too squishy. As in, it's beyond prime condition and should be replaced. I woke to a monstrous upper back ache that took two days to be rid of.

Would I stay here again? Probably.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Hello
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Also apologies for the back pain from the bed. Although we do replace a number of mattresses every year they are the same type. Maybe next trip a room with a newer mattress may help? Next time you book let us know and we will see if this works.
I will also pass on your positive comments for the front desk team which will be very much appreciated.

Glen

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We were traveling late into Prince George with three small children and totally forgot the hotels would be full due to the forest fire workers. So every hotel we phoned was packed the only room we could get was the loft sweet at the sandman . No air beds were available or pull out couches so tough when you have little ones but we took it. In the morning I noticed the pillow my daughter was using had dried blood on it so gross. I told the front desk who gave us ten dollars off our room and said they would tell housekeeping. So my advice check the bedding before your children go to sleep:( other then that our stay was okay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hello

Thank you for writing about your experience with us. My apologies for the cleanliness issue. I have discussed this with our Housekeeping team as this is not the standard we aim to deliver.
If you would like to discuss further my details are below.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Travelling with my adult son for hockey so wanted a suite. Booked directly with hotel and told her we needed a suite, with a pull out in the living area, and separate space for each adult. This is pretty much the case with suites in my experience. Arrive and it's a galley sort of set up. Bunk bed, kitchen/bathroom section and then a bedroom. There isn't really a 'separate living area'. If this is a family suite there is not much room for a 'family' let alone two adults. I had to double check the address to make sure we were talking the same hotel in some of these reviews. If this is the newest hotel in PG then it's not holding up very well. Bathroom door lock is busted and kitchen counter is stained and chipped and most of the furniture is 'well worn'. I will admit I didn't review my reservation confirmation until I got here and it said bunk beds -- the email is usually a formality I only check for the address. I had thought it would be obvious that an adult can't sleep comfortably on a plywood bunkbed. Asked the front desk when we arrived, if there was not an alternative, "No we only have bunk beds". Just booked a different hotel, after calling again and making sure it was a suite--ie a separate living area with a pull out. Called down to cancel this one with a different front end staff than when we arrived and wasn't even asked if there was anything they could do to improve our stay. It is a friendly enough place and price is good but it's not a 'suite' by my standards and no one is going out of his/her way to get us to stay. Live and learn.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hello
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience. However, you do have my apologies for this not living up to expectations. Unfortunately we do not have pull outs, and even with several room types they either have one king, two queens or a king and the bunk beds. The maintenance issues and areas in need of repair are also disappointing and again you have my apologies for this.
if you would like to discuss further my details are below.

Sincerely.