“Great location for travellers”

Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Junction of Hwy 16 and Hwy 97, easy in and out. Comfortable, clean rooms, quiet and an impressive lobby with helpful reception staff and a very good on-site restaurant. We stayed at this hotel 3 different nights over a 10-day period and were very satisfied. Note: the first floor allows pets. The hotel has a shopping centre very close by.

Room Tip: If you don't like to hear an unhappy puppy, ask for a room on any floor but the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Hello

Thank you for the review. We do appreciate you taking time to write about your experience with us as well as the amenities we have close by. I will pass this along to my staff as well as the restaurant team.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to PG.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Lovely, quiet hotel. Staff... from front desk to maintenance are a true delight.

Beds are perfect, linens clean, facilities immaculate.

Located close to shopping and lots of restaurants. Plenty of parking.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to post this positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I will for sure pass this along to my staff who will appreciate it.
We hope to see you on your next stay in PG.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We decided to stay the night to break up a 12+ hour drive back to Vancouver with 2 young kids. We have stayed at other SS properties and were not disappointed with the size & cleanliness of our room. The pool felt like stepping into a lake (quite cold & even after 15 minutes we found it hard to acclimatize.) Other than that we found it extremely convenient that we could walk to many surrounding stores (Superstore was very handy for snacks for the kids.) We also dined at the in house restaurant which was fine with 2 kids on a Thursday evening. Overall, it was a great stay and we would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. Glad to hear almost everything went well. I will ask our maintenance team to look at the pool temperature though and see if we need to adjust.
Appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to or through PG.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Looking for a last minute upgrade to Mother's Day we put a phone call in to the Sandman reservation line to book a room at the local Sandman Signature. We had stayed several times before in different rooms and knew what we were looking for, a room with Jacuzzi, king size bed, and balcony. We made the request, were given the room and the price, which was significantly higher than our previous stays. I accepted the price as seasonal and holiday variation and also requested the StarPlus price, having registered for the program and received my membership number. I was informed that the room requested did not apply for the program but was otherwise available at the given price. I accepted and confirmed the room did have both the Jacuzzi and balcony. The response was that the balcony was available on request only. I stated I was requesting the balcony was it available? She asked if I would hold while she phoned the location front desk, I agreed. She returned and confirmed that we were getting the balcony room. Great, we packed, and headed to the hotel... and were given a room with no balcony. Disappointed. I phoned the front desk who was as surprised as I was to hear the room had no balcony. She thought she had put us in a different room. Very strange. She gave us a choice of the current room or a different room with a balcony but no Jacuzzi. We stayed with the Jacuzzi. To further add to the muddled experience at check-in I had again asked about the StarPlus program, if there was a lounge or any other reason for having the card and number. The same service provider inspected my card but had no knowledge of the program and told me this location did not participate. At this point another staff stepped in and gave me a discounted price stating that was the StarPlus price. That was the only action that allowed me to give this review any more than 2/5. Overall it was a less than great staycation at a hotel that has in the past provided us with some great experiences, as well as good stays at other locations in the chain. We ended up ordering food in as the kitchen was closed at 11pm if I recall correctly. Check out was quite late however which made for a nicer morning. Only one robe was provided in the room also, however the suite was clean. Would have liked a more consistent message about what StarPlus is and what I can expect as a member and obviously a more consistent message about what room we were actually booking, especially as we were quoted a premium price and told it was confirmed with the hotel front desk. That's either shoddy training, careless staff, or disrespect for a customer. We have some summer travelling to do and plan on staying at Sandmans, another experience like this however and I expect that will change in the future.

Room Tip: Pool was open late, a small corner store is available and chargeable to the room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with us. You have my sincere apologies for this not being at the standard we aim to deliver and what you expect and pay for.
Although we do only have one room in the hotel which has both a balcony and a Jacuzzi, the inconsistent responses and uncertainty regarding the availability of this room, the rate and our Starplus program are far from satisfactory. I will be making sure that our staff are better informed so that we deliver what we advertise.
If you would like to discuss further my details are below.
I hope that you give us another chance and that the next experience is a pleasant, comfortable and relaxing one.

Glen Martin
250.645.2156
gm_signaturepg@sandman.ca

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights to what is a typical SS stay. Clean, modern and comfortable room. Fell a bit short of expectations with poorly lit room with a flat screen with analog input which you could barely watch because of the poor signal. Would have earned a very good with these minor modifications. Will have to reconsider whether to stay here on next business trip.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Glen M, General Manager at Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. However, you do have my apologies for this falling short of your expectations. For your next stay maybe we could find a room with a different layout and has better lighting? Also we have come across some TV's which need the cables changed. This is an ongoing task which we are working on.
If you would like to discuss further my details are below.
Again thank you for the feedback.

Glen Martin