“Okay for a business lunch not sure I'd want to socialize at this location!!”

Match Eatery & Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Match Eatery & Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 292 Restaurants in New Westminster
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Met a business partner at this restaurant for a business lunch. It's centrally located so that was why we chose this location. The service was average at best. The food quality was okay but over priced for what we received. Compared to some other Match's the atmosphere wasn't particularly warm and inviting.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Had about a 15 minute wait to get a table. Nice décor, but ambience very loud. Service was a little slow, but meals were good. There were 5 of us and we all had different food items. Everyone seemed to enjoy what they had.
The Casino connects to this place, so very convenient if you wish to go there after or before your meal.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Really poor Mother's Day visit at Match Eatery - I've been to the Match in Squamish and Langley - service has been great. I made a reservation for 7:15 PM on Open Table for Mother's Day (2018); when we arrived the patio was empty so I asked if we could be seated. We got a table but it was filthy (dirt on the seats and table when I put my hand down it was filled with dirt). We waited for 25-30 minutes, no one had come to serve us a drink menu or offer a glass of water. I had to go inside and ask for service.

The server finally came and brought us a drink menu BUT never returned; I went back in at 8:00 PM and asked to speak with the manager; he apologies, of course, and offered to take care of the bill. The sever didn't come until 8:10 to take our drink and food order. When our appies came it was 8:30 PM, our drinks were still not there, again I had to ASK for our drinks and plates/cutlery. Finally had a drink on the table, one hour after arriving.

We finished up at the restaurant at 9:10 PM. Regardless if the meal is paid for or not, the service there after was still so bad; I'm really disappointed as I really enjoy eating at Match. The server was sweet and apologetic, definitely get they were running under staff however, I will not be going back to this location again. AVOID because it seemed like multiple tables had issues

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Was at casino, swiped card and received a two for one entree coupon - up to $15.00 dollars off second entree - and so we had lunch at Match Eatery.

I ordered fish and chips and upgraded to yam fries, son ordered the apple, chicken brie sandwich with regular fries and we both had free water.

Both of our meals were satisfying but nothing to rave about- just your average food. Fish and Chips with coleslaw was your average fish and chips. My son's sandwich looked fabulous and he enjoyed it. The restaurant interior is very nice and very comfortable and clean. Our server was friendly and very nice but after serving our meal never checked on us and I needed a water refill.

Had I not had the coupon for the free second entree I would not have gone there. I do think the prices are on the high side for average pub food. Not bad though just average. Will not eat there in the future unless I get the same coupon to use.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We live close enough to Match to walk. While we like the sports bar atmosphere, the service is usually very slow. Quite often we have to hunt down a server. Not once has a manger walked up to us to ask about our experience. If they ever do, they will get our honest, critical opinion.This place has great potential but usually disappoints.