“Great Food”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with a colleague for a quick bite and a beer. Everything was very good. Great service and a quality Manhattan to top the night off.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Celebrating our friends “59th” birthday we decided to go to the Firehouse. We went early for we were going to the theatre and we were seated right away. Our waitress and all the wait staff were terrific. The food was fresh and full of flavours. We started with the salt and pepper squid and ribs - tasty. Then we shared 6 sushi rolls. The root down, backdraft,spicy scallop,Hawaiian dynamite, firehouse roll and finally the godzilla roll. This was some of the BEST sushi I have ever had, fresh and full of unique flavours. Dessert was the ice cream pie and the philly cheesecake and they were shared. Excellent dinner!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I live in Nanaimo and this place is honestly my favourite restaurant. It has something for everyone. My favourite is the Firehouse roll, it’s amazing. It’s my “go to” restaurant. You can also call ahead and order for pickup. You’ve gotta try this place.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Stopped here for dinner one night at the suggestion of one of the people I was working with. Very good sushi and a small but good selection of craft beers. i had the west coast sushi and a raspberry wheat beer. very good.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I have driven by this restaurant many times and loved the uniqueness of the building. The four of us were celebrating a birthday. The waitress shared a birthday with our birthday girl and treated us royally. The noise level is high in this old high ceiling building but the ambience makes it forgiving. The food was okay. We shared a Hawaiian dynamite roll as an appetizer- EXCELLENT!! Two of us had halibut and chips. They were also very good. Nice light batter. The other meals were just okay. They do seem to shine in the sushi department. Excellent house cheese cake was a gift for the birthday girl. We all tasted and loved it. Prices are a bit high but all and all we enjoyed our meals and experience and the special treatment from our server.