See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I arrived 06/06/18 after booking with booking.com online had to pay a $200 deposit on credit card plus my 148.50 which came to 348.50, I said i was going to pay in cash..they said the card deposits etc would be canceled when I check out etc...that was fine...they gave us room 212, upon entry to room I noticed there was dust everywhere on tables, floor kitchen area, and bathroom, including beds! so i went down and told them and within 10 mins they had sent up a maid to lightly clean over everything....this was unacceptable in my books..if you are going to rent out a room..make sure beforehand and inspect everything before you rent it out, even the coffee filter wasnt changed had mold growing in it...plus i could not connnect to the wifi at all...went down an talked to the manager he told me they have never had a problem before and tried to tell me it wasd an apple issue with my phone LOL...ya right..as Ive never had a problem connecting to wifi before with my phone and PC...nice staff but very deceptive

Room Tip: view is nice of water, thats it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Donald H
Reviewed 7 June 2018

dust on everything , no phone, mildew coffee bag in coffee carafe, no wifi .... band playing and singing downstairs , at night .it cost us 148. 50 with tax . ,manager kept promising wifi , ( didn't work) dirty bathroom not enough towels .

Room Tip: don't go there!!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017

When checking in the girl was rude took a $600.00 pre auth on our visa the whole Inn was not worth 600.00 . The floor was dirty every time I flushed the toilet had to put my hand in the tank to flush it. The shower head was falling off the drywall. Never ever will I stay in this dump again. Told them the problems several times during our stay but fell on deaf ears.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dmurphy267
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Yes the view is alluring..the "management" are a mystery as they are always at their "high-end property"..never did get the opportunity to meet them. Moved into the Waterfront on March 17th, after getting critically and chronically ill from toxic moulds/concealed decay from my rental cabin on Gabriola Island. I was explicit in explaining to the front desk prior to coming there my hypersensitivity to mould and other mycotoxins. I was assured it was clean and safe for me..WRONG!!!! In the two weeks I stayed..(pre-paid for my second week in advance: $573 + $28 for parking) and had NO refund option, apparently, I moved within the Waterfront THREE times!!!! Room 222 - zero stars; Room 212 - zero stars; Room 410 - zero stars. All 3 rooms had the following similarities: rotted out wood/particle board under sink and cupboard beside stove where hot water tank is located, the mould was rampant. The shoddy piping is from the previous century I believe and has corroded and contaminated the water. There are micro organisms swimming in the tap water (both cold and hot) and they are not from the city water supply. I contacted the appropriate authorities regarding both the poor air quality and the water concerns. The faucets are out of a horror movie!!!!!There is buildup of all sorts of funky stuff...the bathroom ceiling fans are layered with dank mould and who knows what. The cooking/kitchewares are dusty/not cleaned. The ceiling fan is layered with dust/gunk. Housekeeping is a mere once a week and definitely needs training. Management did not reply to my messages to discuss my concerns (all 3 rooms had the same concealed and complacent problems) and wanting my second week of stay monies returned. I have sent an email to the Snuneymuxw Band Office to enlighten them of my horrible experience all round at the Waterfront. Hopeful they will intervene so the misrepresentation of their property will cease.

Room Tip: HIGHLY recommend NOT staying here.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Pepchew
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Yes this building is older and needs some TLC, which is what the current owners are working on. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the view from our balcony was beautiful. We loved the old cement walls so we didn't have to worry about noise from others. And the price was nice!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends