“Didn't live up to the hype for us.”
Review of Carlos O'Bryan`s

Carlos O'Bryan`s
Ranked #74 of 342 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in Stones Marina over top the marina and water. Enjoy 2 for the price of one appetizers during our Blarney Time from 9-Midnight 8 days a week. 'Free' Birthday meal on the day of your birthday. Featuring 15 beers on tap with a daily draft SPECIAL at only $5.50.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Went here for my birthday. The nicest thing about the experience was that my meal was free. I had Ahi Ahi which came to me lukewarm, so had to send it back. My spouse had the prime rib which she described as okay, but said she's had much better. The other three in our party described their food as good, but not anything special. Though the Irish stew did look really good. The menu is fairly limited. The service was okay.
The location is great, right on the water. We sat inside, but others have raved about the patio/deck. They also raved about the food, however. I think they cater more to a young crowd who likes to try different drinks, etc. We all agreed we don't really need to make a return visit.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

It's so frustrating to visit a restaurant in a fantastic location, good decor and friendly staff, only to get a menu with over priced choices and then served sub standard food. It seems the food is just frozen items thrown in the fryer or microwave. I'm pretty sure the burgers are not home made, the fries are the lattice reconstituted potato and the onion rings were the worst I've ever had. The Cesar salad with chicken at $17 was pitiful. Both plates had flavour but lacked in quality . The drinks are also more expensive than other local places. I'm sure the tourists will tolerate this for the location, but as a local I cannot justify going back again. Such a shame.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Service is and always has been good. Food has always and been always a tragic mess straight out of the microwave cut from a bag. They don’t seem to care as skirts and view apparently justify the culinary debacle.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is another pub/restaurant that I haven't been to in a while, but as it was my birthday my partner decided to take me out for a meal. I argued that she should surprise me with a place to eat, but no, I had to choose! So being close to home I picked Carlos O'Bryan's, glad I did too!. I chose a stir fry with spicey sweet sauce and tiger prawns, it was delicious, the veggies were perfect and also the Tiger prawns all10,yes that's ten of them were awesome, what's more I was reading one of those table thingy's they put on tables to advertise stuff and it said if it's your birthday and before 4 o'clock you get $20 off the meal, if after 5 I believe it said $30, so what with the special beer offers it turned out to be awfully inexpensive, $1.95 for stir fry with Tiger prawns. Not something one can do every day, but well worth remembering come birthday time! The food here is always good, I saw very inviting dishes being served to other groups, the service excellent, fast and generally very pleasant. Parking no problems, loads of it within walking distance.If you need a little walk afterwards one can go look at boats, and even in the pub itself you can get very nice views of the marina and all kinds of boats. Another bonus is it's only a couple of minutes to the ferry. Where do you think I will be next birthday?

Reviewed 27 April 2018

I had lunch here a couple of years ago and was not so impressed by the food, but gave it another try. I order the Vegetable Fajitas. Tortillas, shredded cheddar, lettuce ,salsa and sour cream on one plate and then came the sizzling veggies. What I wasn't expecting was an Asian mix of teriyaki flavoured broccoli, peas, carrots, mushrooms and peppers.
It was an odd pairing and not enjoyable.
The service was fine, cheerful and attentive. Hope they can step up the food a bit, but it seems most people go for a beer and wings.