All reviews tim hortons across the street nice pool ferry terminal an older property newcastle island front desk staff the air conditioning would stay here again one night stay waterfront downtown
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Needs major updates. Still has tube televisions! Easy walk to town along the waterfront so still a cheap, good enough hotel. For me I needed to hook up my playstation and the old school tv's wouldn't let me so I had to check out... if you're not spending much time in your room then this place is just fine. Pool looked well cared for but I didn't actually go in...

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Erik B, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Nanaimo Harbourside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Day John
Thank you very much for posting your comments about your stay at the Howard Johnson Harbourside Hotel Nanaimo - we are happy we met your expectations while in Nanaimo. The staff really do care in providing friendly and helpful service and clean accommodation. John the pool area is great - only outdoor hotel pool in Nanaimo I have forwarded your comments to the owner
Sincerely
Erik Brook- Manager of Operations

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Good value for the money, near to the ferry terminal, great option for overnight. Nothing fancy, however clean and comfortable. Swimming pool is okay for the kids, breakfast not offered, this is the only one cons.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for posting your comments about your stay at the Howard Johnson Harbourside Hotel Nanaimo we are so very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff take great pride in providing great service, value and clean and comfortable room. I have pass on your comments to all the staff and the owner.
Regards

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Our hotel room smelled stale, the bed you could feel the springs very uncomfortable. There where no outlets for any personal use, we had to unplug lamps to use. Bathroom fan did not work, no plug for the bathtub and the bathtub is so old and gross you wouldn't want to use it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muribe826208

Good Day
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the Howard Johnson Harbourside Hotel Nanaimo. The staff and management appreciate guest feedback so that we can meet or exceed our guests' experience and we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations. This is an older hotel and the bathroom tubs have built in tub plug - lift the lever and the tub will hold water. The bathrooms all have vents in which the air is drawn out on a continuous basis - not the best agreed - I have forwarded your comments to the staff and owner.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Not clean. We found sushi under the bed. Very outdated. Wifi worked half the time. On the plus side the front desk staff was very friendly. I think they probably knew what we were going to walk into when opening our room door with an actual metal key. What hotel still has those??

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Good Day
I am so very sorry that your room was not properly cleaned upon check in. The housekeeping staff are know for providing a clean and comfortable rooms - but yikes we seem to have missed looking under the bed when cleaning. Glad to hear the front desk was very friendly. The metal keys have an advantage however slight one may think - the never become demagnetized by cell phone or other electronic devices. With regards to the Wi-Fi we did replace several routers on the network to better enhance the guest experience
Regards
Erik Brook
Manager of Operations

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Very Very horrible.

First impression from the outside is that it's not taken care of. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by a ghastly smell of what I can only describe as a funeral home. I've actually smelled it before in a very old abandoned mobile home where the walls were rotting out. The mattresses are are 30+ years old. I remember my parents having one just like it when I was a child. I think my grandfather has a photo of the bed spread from his first honeymoon. This place is not worth the price paid. It needs some significant updating,. Replace the carpets, replace the furniture,. Replace the mattresses, replace the bedding. Wow. The only thing that is good about this hotel is the outdoor pool.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at the Howard Johnson Harbourside Hotel Nanaimo. The staff and management appreciate guest feedback so that we can meet or exceed our guests' experience and we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to the staff and owner.