1,820 results
All reviews minnoz restaurant great view parking garage room service small balcony harbour view downtown nanaimo front desk staff hotel restaurant very nice hotel great room central location comfortable beds chaise conference ian elevator
Reviewed 18 September 2018

The location is great, rooms are fine on the higher price end, but worth it to me for location and amenities. The staff was welcoming and accommodating for my arrival, and they provided me with information that I needed for the trip. The room was great, with a view of the harbour. Nanaimo is a really beautiful little city and the hotel is in the heart of it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2018

A lovely hotel in Nanaimo. Here for only one night on business, but I'm glad I chose the Coast. They're investing in the hotel which is good - new elevators, and obviously newer rooms.

A few things they could do to bring me up to a 5-star rating: the room didn't have a USB outlet, which is standard these days though I managed to find one on the back of the TV. The shower head spurted water horizontally from the back, drenching the floor and the sink drained too slowly. The TV itself would benefit from smart options such as a Netflix login.

We ate at the restaurant the night before and food was delicious - and cheap if you go during happy hour. We skipped out on breakfast the next morning however, since it was too pricy. Luckily we managed to find a perfect little bakery around the corner instead. If the hotel had a continental buffet option then I probably wouldn't have bothered looking elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Vanessa T, Front Office Supervisor at Coast Bastion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Matt,

Thank you for the detailed feedback and suggestions. We value your opinion and will definitely take your suggestions into consideration for our next modernization project. We are so sorry that you could not enjoy breakfast at Minnoz. There is a continental breakfast option at Minnoz from Monday to Saturday for $12 plux tax.

Look forward to welcoming you back,

Warm Regards,

Vanessa

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

First time in the area and relied on a suggestion from those who live here. Very nice hotel with an option for an amazing view overlooking the water. Room was nice. Fitness room was well stocked. Location was central to an array of things to do.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Check in was efficient straight forward, elevators were slow due to upgrades taking place and because of this there was no room service. That aside, everything was good, love the location, and staff were very attentive to our requirements.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Stayed for one night in Coast Bastion. Booked in Nanaimo on the way to Tofino. We were not sure what time our Ferry would get in so wanted to book somewhere close to the ferry terminal (for Horseshoe bay) that was nice and reasonably priced. We opted for the Premium room which had a king size bed and was on the top floor. Upon arriving we parked outside the front of the hotel, but there is only a 5 minute checking period, so had to quickly unload and leave my wife with the luggage whilst i went to find somewhere to park (parked on street 2mins walk from the hotel for free but only able to do this as we arrived late and were checking out early [around 8am]. Had this not been the case we would have had to drive around the back and pay to park. I would have liked this to be clearer when booking, but that is my only issue with the stay. We dined in the hotel restaurant and both enjoyed our meal. My wife had the Beef Dip which was delicious.Overall a good stay with clean rooms and friendly staff, no issues other than the aforementioned parking. Would happily stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple