“Best pub food around”

Fox & Hounds Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Went last night for dinner. What great food! We all had the Hunters Pie. When it came, in a timely fashion, it was huge, extremely hot and fantastic. Great flavour, even the mashed potatoes were tasty. They sell great British beer, we had Tetley's Cream Ale, just like home, wonderful. I believe you can take kids in, just like in Britain. Only disappointment in the place was a grange smell, stale beer, washrooms? Also the washroom wasn't that clean either. But, we will be back.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

All the food at Fox and Hounds is delish, Never had a bad meal yet, You go upto the bar order your food and pay for it, and choose from a big black board, then they bring it to you.Just like England, I found the drinks to be pricey. I also enjoyed the Fibber Mcgees which is owned by the same people

1  Thank Shipmates
Reviewed 28 April 2013

When in Nanaimo I always come to F&H at least once, well poured Guinness and delicious pub food. Love the atmosphere.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The Fox & Hounds Pub is situated in a converted Victoria right in a residential neighborhood. The lengthy menu is listed on a chalkboard near the bar, where you place your order. You can sit anywhere you like, and the order is brought to you when ready. The atmosphere is conducive to a lot of conversation and laughs. I had a steak and mushroom pie, which was good but somewhat bland tasting. My wife enjoyed her chicken finger dinner, while my son devoured his buffalo burger.

1  Thank Dean O
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have been going to this lovely little English Pub in Nanaimo for some time now. I am from New Zealand and have been in Canada on business for about a year.
In that time as needs must I have dined on my own and always feel comfortable and welcome at the Fox and Hound. It's so warm and inviting, the food is great, nightly specials apart from an extensive blackboard menu, a good selection of English beers and best of all lovely staff who quickly get to know your name and greet you every time you return, which in my case is quite often. I thoroughly recommend this special place, for locals and visitors alike, one of the best n Nanaimo.

1  Thank 379Jowalker