“We will be back!”
Review of Gulfstream

Gulfstream
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulfstream is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 694 Restaurants in Kelowna
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Gulfstream, a place where guests can enjoy Southern Californian inspired meals in our contemporary & relaxing restaurant. Our menus serve up breakfast, lunch and dinner, always prepared with fresh ingredients. Catching the next big game? We have flat screen televisions in the bar area, so you never miss a moment of your favorite team. During the warmer months, we have a beautifully decorated patio, with a fresh herb wall, plush furniture, and numerous fire features. We offer a wide variety of fresh cocktails and food, in a casual yet contemporary setting.
Reviewed 13 October 2018

We went to this establishment based on tripadvisor reviews. It did not disappoint! Amazing service from Margaux. She took the time to go over the gluten free options, which there are quite a few. We started with the warmed olives and the warm sun dried tomato dip with corn tortilla chips and veggies to accommodate the gf sensitivity. Both were delicious, especially the tomato dip.
For our entrees, one person in our party had Margaux surprise him and she nailed it with the Chicken roulade. The Cioppino was a little too sweet for the liking, but still very good.
My husband had the Pappardelle with prawns, which he enjoyed.
I had the Okanagan Harvest Pizza with the gf crust and it was excellent!
I highly recommend to eat here and I hope you have the pleasure of Margaux being your server.

Date of visit: October 2018
Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Hello,

We were happy to read that Margaux enhanced your experience. She is incredible and we are happy to have her as part of our team. The dishes you mentioned are favourites to many and we are pleased that they did not disappoint. We appreciate all feedback and are excited that you will be back to dine with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I read great reviews of Gulfstream and since I'm staying at the hotel where it is, thought I'd go check it out. There are signs about the hotel promoting farm fresh ingredients and so on so I was hyped up a bit!

I started with a Big Surf lager on tap which was served cold in a nice tall glass. It did not disappoint! Then, as I really enjoy fish tacos, order d the fish tacos which can be either grilled fish or 'crispy'. I chose the deep fried, er, crispy, version. I really wanted to like them but maybe I am tainted from growing up on the coast. They were okay. Perhaps the grilled version would have been more to my liking. The fish was definitely crispy but not in a crispy light batter kind of way. The tortilla shells we're as expected and good. The slaw was too sweet for my liking and very saucy so I missed out on the crispy crunch of coleslaw. There was a lot of it and it vacated the shell as I ate it. The sweetness of the slaw sauce is the flavour I was left with. I had a side of fries which were hot and french fries as expected.

My server convinced me to think about dessert and I asked if the carrot cake was made in house. She said it was. It was average. The cake part was very good but it had a lot of cream cheese frosting but I wasn't getting a lot of cream cheese flavour so was a little sad.

I would give Gulfstream another go and make some different food choices. The staff are fabulous and the environment is above average for a hotel restaurant...I would call it modern pub style (?).

Don't be deterred by my perception of the fish tacos!

Date of visit: October 2018
Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I hope you will give us another chance and try a different dish. We have many we can suggest that receive favourable feedback. Our aim is to please.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I have visited Gulfstream a few times in the past year. Every time I visit I have thoroughly enjoyed the food. This last visit I tried the chicken roulade which the server Arielle recommended. Service was prompt and I liked the atmosphere, I will be coming back again for sure!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Justin T

Hello,

Thank you Justin for your positive review. Arielle would never steer anyone in the wrong direction with her suggestions. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Stayed in July was playing in a golf tournament nearby and spent a couple of evenings at the bar eating dinner and chatting with the staff.

Food was very well prepared and did not disappoint, the staff were a lot of fun, very professional and attentive.

Shout out to Patrick and Shannon who made my nights anything but boring!!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Geoff H

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful review Geoff. It is nice to see that the staff could enhance your experience. Chatting with guests is the favourite part of my employment here. We hope to see you again!

Shannon

Reviewed 12 September 2018

The food was excellent; our server Curtis was extremely helpful; and the decor is very nice. The but is the scarcity of gluten free options, which made the menu choices very limited for me. Fortunately I found one dish I could have, so I ended up having to have it 2 nights in a row. All in all though, I would still recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank eveinsooke
Gulfstream_Manager, Manager at Gulfstream, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your favourable comments. We apologize that it was not relayed to you that we are able to make many alterations to several entrees to ensure a gluten free meal. We will use this review as a tool to better our service.