“Good service and fresh food”
Review of Whitespot

Whitespot
Ranked #198 of 692 Restaurants in Kelowna
Reviewed 24 July 2018

The Whitespot is an asset to the Kelowna Airport. While the menu is familiar eating in this particular restaurant was a good experience for 2 reasons. The waiter was very helpful as one of our party is gluten sensitive. Having made our choices we were pleased to find that the wait for the food was quite short and the meals came freshly prepared, tasty and hot. The experience made waiting for a flight a lot more easy to endure.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I didn't have much time before my flight, but I did have a bit of a hankering. I practically never eat poutine, but on this day, it felt right.
I was greeted by a friendly server promptly took my drink order. In no time she was back, and I ordered the poutine, expressing a need for brevity. No kidding, could 90 seconds have passed between the time she took my order, and she was placing it on the table? Clearly, the fries were already cooked, the cheese wasn't melted, and it was drowning in gravy! Luckily, the combination worked. I was in the mood for grease, and that's what I got.

Check out the picture, have you ever seen so much gravy in a poutine before? If the stars happened to align, and I'm in the mood for poutine and I'm at airport again, I may do a repeat order.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I was looking forward to a lunch date, with myself, at the airport WhiteSpot but it was not to be. I was stood up and that’s hard to do when you’re alone. I was left wanting, by the server(s).

I was dropping off my wife and granddaughter at the Kelowna airport so they could enjoy some family time in Calgary with, well, family. After ensuring they made it through security without incident I felt a little personal time over lunch may be appropriate. Call it a ‘reward’ for the safe passage of my loves. The closest establishment to my location was the WhiteSpot in the airport, so that’s where I landed.

I have been there before and I had the sense it was an enjoyable experience so a repeat seemed to be in order. I chose my seat by the ubiquitous windows at a table yet to be cleaned, pulled out my journal, and got comfortable. I was in the mood to write. A lone server was flitting about and I assumed my visit would be short and sweet. She’d come with water, clean the table, take my order, and I’d be golden. Such was not to be.

I waited, and waited, as the same girl passed by me a few times. She took the order of the adjacent tables and seemed to pay no heed to me. The reasons could be legion. The bottom line was I felt neglected, and I tried to catch her eye few times. Agreed, I could have called out but I wasn’t in the mood. You come to me, not I come to you. I felt pissy and not in the mood by that point.

So after an indeterminable wait I decided enough was enough. I packed up my gear and headed across the highway to the “GulfStream”. Time will tell if I post on that experience. I'm certainly posting about this one.....

1  Thank Poppaski
Reviewed 15 December 2017

Enjoyed for a good family dinner. Quick service, good sized portions. Had Fish and Chips which I enjoyed. I enjoy Whitespot because it is consistently good service and good food.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate at the Whitespot dining area outside security, which is nicer than the dining area inside security in the Kelowna Airport: it’s more spacious, quieter, the air is fresher and it has a picturesque view of the hills through huge glass windows. The food is made in the restaurant on the secure side and rolled out in an insulated cart when it’s ready. I really enjoyed the tandoori quinoa salad with salmon. My husband ordered the 6 oz. burger with sweet potato fries. Both meals were delicious. They serve alcohol here, too, if you are so inclined.