All reviews process of renovating bbq area full kitchen outdoor pool budget hotel room was clean would recommend this hotel to anyone would definitely stay here again a wonderful stay kelowna area home away from home free breakfast linens housekeeping cleanliness summer
Reviewed 16 August 2018

This was our second visit in last 5 years - Front desk very helpful and flexible. Rooms clean, and looked recently renovated. Only reason why gave 3 stars Vs 5 stars was due to very disappointing breakfast - Had Frozen breads, bagels etc - Not even fresh and half frozen. Lack of options and not clean at all in breakfast area. Otherwise, great place for the price.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WitmarGM, General Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you stay in Recreation Inn & Suites. Please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience. We hire new staff member as a breakfast attandent and I hope on your next visit to Kelowna you give us a one more chence to serve you again.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I wonder if we stayed at the same hotel that some reviewers did. I am pretty picky about hotels, and I worried that with a name like "Recreation Inn" that it would be like a Motel 6 or a "Days Inn". Thankfully this was not the case. We were really amazed at the cleanliness, room size (huge! it was really a one bedroom suite), 2 comfy queen beds, full kitchen, A/C, etc., and the linens and shampoo/soap/conditioner were of good quality. This one appeared to be recently renovated and was in excellent condition. The pool was clean and refreshing in the 95 degree heat. Free parking, free wifi, and free breakfast. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Oh, and the staff person was really friendly and an asset for the property. Overall I would give the place a great value rating, and I would not hesitate to stay here on our next trip to Kelowna!

Room tip: Ground floor rooms; there is no elevator.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Randy S,

Thank you for taking time writing a review and for your stay. I am glad to see that you enjoy staying with us and we would love to have you back as our guest on your next visit to Kelowna.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I booked this hotel through Expedia in April because we were going to the music festival and wanted to get our accommodation sorted before everything was booked up. In June, I called the hotel directly to confirm my booking and the receptionist informed me that they had it booked for 2 nights - to which I said that it should be 3 and he said "OK 3 nights for the 5 person room, that's all good". When we arrive at the hotel for check in the receptionist informs us that we only have the room booked for 2 nights and they are booked solid so we can't stay for the 3rd night.... I am was to cry because we had this trip booked for months and because of the music festival many of the hotels were booked, and I specifically called them before to confirm my booking for 3 nights. I told the man this and he replied "well I don't know who you talked to, there's nothing I can do". Granted, I checked my Expedia booking and yes it was for 2 nights not 3 and that was my mistake, but the fact that I called to confirm and the person I spoke to confirmed 3 nights with me is really frustrating. Also, the receptionist had no sympathy for us and seemed frustrated himself. He did not even give us suggestions on what we could do. We drove from Vancouver, paid for a weekend festival pass, and took time off work so we could attend and hearing that we had nowhere to stay for the final night was terrible news. I'm not sure if he was just annoyed with all the people checking in at the time, but that's his job and considering the situation he was quite rude. We continued check in as there was nothing we could do at this point.

During check-in, we let the receptionist know that our last person would be arriving that night around 10pm and we wouldn't be at the hotel, so they would need a room key. He replied saying that it was all good and they would check our friend in when he arrives. Later that night around 9:30pm, we get a call from our friend who is at the hotel checking in and he tells us that there is only 1 room key (which we have) and he can't get into the room. He says that the receptionist knows who he is and that he was coming but there was only 1 room key so they can't let him into the room. WHY IS THERE ONLY 1 ROOM KEY FOR A 5 PERSON ROOM? Also, why didn't the receptionist notice this beforehand?? After a bit of worrying and our friend thinking he's just going to have to sit outside the room or somewhere random until we return, finally the receptionist is able to let him in with the cleaning key under supervision. I'm not sure if there was supposed to be more than 1 key or not, but for a 5 person room there should be more. Moreover, if for some reason there is only 1 key we should have been informed of that so we could let our friend know that a worker would have to let him into the room.

Overall, this was just a very frustrating experience here. The room was decent, but for what we paid it was not worth it. Thank god we ended up finding somewhere to stay for Sunday night that was cheaper, nicer, and closer to downtown.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank dm93

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay in Recreation Inn & suite and please accept my sincere applogy for your Inconvenience. We are in renovation process and changing all our doors keys system very soon in a mean while we are using traditional old school keys and we will not provide more then two keys and also I discuss your issue to front desk agent for not providing you all the details.

Once again please accept sincere apology for your Inconvenience and in your future visit to Kelowna please gives us a one more chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

It was one of the few places still available in town. Plan ahead when you come to Kelowna in the summer. The staff was really nice and easy to work with. You are a couple of miles from the downtown area here. Wi Fi worked very well & was a strong signal, I got a signal from their WI Fi across the street. Now the room. The carpet was badly stained and either needs a good cleaning or replaced. The air conditioner was loud making it hard to sleep. The bed was fine, lighting needs improvement. One lamp needed a bulb changed. The bathroom on the other hand was spic and span. No complaints there. I really think they need to do a good renovation and the place will be fine.

Date of stay: July 2018

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking time writing a review and for your stay. I am glad to see that you enjoy staying with us. We are in processing for changing all in room furniture and carpets please give us one more chance when you visiting next to Kelowna and please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience and we would love to have you back as our guest on your next visit to Kelowna.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The rooms are spacious. It's under new management so the service has improved. They are in the process of renovating etc. It is very convenient to the Orchard shopping centre and many great restaurants. It is very close to the city centre.

Date of stay: August 2017