All reviews el dorado charming hotel lakeside location overlooking the lake rooftop patio steam room hotel staff great room off season arms wedding boardwalk suite lounge summer okanagan valet
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We stayed for 2 nights at Hotel Eldorado in Kelowna at enjoyed our time there. Unfortunately we did not get to enjoy the views as we were impacted by the BC forest fire smoke.

The location is away from the the heart of Kelowna and requires about a 10 minute drive into town. The older hotel is kept in excellent condition and the staff are all very attentive. Our room was very nice and clean with sitting area and desk and a good sized bathroom.

The onsite Lakeside Dinning Room offers excellent meals in a great setting.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel E, Front Office Manager at Hotel Eldorado, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for the wonderful feedback Ian W, it is great to hear that you were able to enjoy all the hotel and area has to offer as well as our dining room. Such a shame about the smoke this year, hopefully you have the opportunity to return and enjoy our views again!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed at the El via the happy purchase of a gift cert at a silent auction fundraiser. Sometimes these things wind up giving you the worst room in the darkest corner with the fewest amenities... NOT SO! At the El. We arrived to a beautiful corner suite in the Arms - with bedroom, bath, living area, kitchenette. Super comfortable, quiet and lovely decor. We had several meals onsite - breakfast lunch and dinner — again all as advertised. Our three course dinner was delicious and very filling (steak and lamb for us). The marina staff (we had a boat rental too) was really great - as were all the servers and staff at the resort. Pleasant, friendly, knowledgable and helpful. We are frequently in Kelowna and have always admired the El but never stayed. It’s a high end place - not inexpensive but as high end places go, the experience is very well delivered.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018

My husband and I just spent three nights and were very disappointed. This used to be a favorite in Kelowna but now the value is just not there. Our room was very small and very noisy! We are fully aware that the bar and weddings can be loud but we could also hear everything from the surrounding rooms and especially above. The shower water was not balanced so you step in and all is good and then suddenly scalding water is upon you, be careful though because the tub surface is treacherous and when the scalding water comes and you jump back hold on so that you don’t break your neck. This is our last time here until improvements are made. So sad because it is such a great location.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMac915
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Outside property was awesome. The hotel rooms at the Eldorado were old, musty smelling and somewhat dirty. Thank goodness I didn't have to pay to $400-$500 per night for the room as I won this in a contest. My friend and I came back to the room after a lovely evening at the patio restaurant and could not access the internet, nor access the TV - we had to keep initializing the Telus box that never really worked. The next morning the internet worked so we could check up on emails etc. I think parking was complimentary which is great and the hotel saved spots for guests but when I checked my credit card after I got home, I was charged 57.50. I inquired online what this charge was for with no response... so I assume it could be for parking?

Room Tip: Not worth the price they charge - check out Manteo Resort next door - may be better
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leone G
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I don't normally post negative reviews, I like to give the restaurant an opportunity to correct their mistake. Unfortunately this is the second time the dining room has missed the mark. Last summer my husband and I were enjoying the lovely atmosphere while eating our lunch when a very large beetle crawled out from the bottom of his salad. We mentioned it to the server but nothing was done to correct this unpleasant experience. It took me a long time to return but I felt I should give the restaurant one more try. I met my companion at The Eldorado for lunch, which was average at best, then parted ways. We both had stomach issues an hour or so later, this was the only food I had eaten all day up to that point. The restaurant was phoned, the manager was spoken to, and once again nothing was done. It saddens me that such a lovely restaurant has compromised it's quality, simply resting on the beautiful setting and previous reputation. I certainly hope to see improvement in the near future.

Stayed: August 2018