“Excellent Ramen in Kelowna”
Review of Wasabi Izakaya

Wasabi Izakaya
Ranked #59 of 660 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I am not the owner but this place is amazing, should be on here!
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I was in Kelowna for three days and I went to Wasabi Izakaya twice! The chicken ramen dish was fabulous - the homemade noodles were delicious and the broth was very tasty. On my second visit, the members of my party each tried different dishes and everyone loved their meals. Will definitely visit again the next time I'm in Kelowna.

1  Thank Taylor C

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We tried a couple different ramen dishes off the menu and found them both very good. Ticket times of about 8 minutes and servers refilled water constantly. Staff was very helpful and friendly and accommodated our questions. I am not an expert on Asian food but from what they stated it was all made in house. Worth checking out and we would return.

1  Thank twysted2015
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to find good ramen in Kelowna. We didn't stay long in this restaurant but it was clean, we had good service (she was patient in helping us choose our dishes) and the ramen was very good.

I had the TanTan Men and it was only a little bit spicy, with good ground pork, and the broth was creamy with just the right amount of oil. My husband was happy with the chicken confit ramen that he tried.

The menu is not great - they weren't fresh and the font was very difficult to read.

There is good value here. We will definitely be back to try a few more dishes!

1  Thank Sharimck
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Having eaten here since it opened 5 years ago, I cannot recommend it more highly. Different than the normal Japanese restaurant just let the chef prepare you a meal, He has never missed. Good variety of comfort food as an Izakaya should be!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

the greasiest ramen I have ever had. the noodles were good. the broth however was not. I have not had a flavourless oily ramen since getting low end food in Japan. would not repeat. cute little location right downtown. server was nice and polite and good at her job but the food would not entice me to return.