“Awesome food!”
Review of KAYA Sushi + Grill

KAYA Sushi + Grill
Ranked #108 of 692 Restaurants in Kelowna
Price range: US$14 - US$38
Description: Kaya sushi and grill is located in the neighborhood of Airport Village where you can experience a revolving selection of appetizer, dinner, sushi specials in a casual and trendy setting. Our establishment is a perfect combination of traditional Japanese flavours with an edgy modern sophistication. Under the supervision of Japanese chef Tetsuo Tawara, a menu that would preserve the delicate flavo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister and I with a friend tried this restaurant based on the reviews on there website. It was fabulous. Must try

1  Thank Suzanne P

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We passed by Kaya during a short visit to play golf at the Okanagan Golf resort. Decided to give it a try after a walk thru the day before..just to scope it out. Wow ! This is reasonable price and excellent quality wrapped up into a very perfect package. Our server was ever so pleasant and helpful with menu selections. Wife and son went for the dragon rolls while i chose the toro / yellowtail and black cod. Amazing presentation and flavor of each dish. This is no take out joint that some other
reviewer describes. This food deserves a sit down with friends and family in a relaxed atmosphere. If you pass it by for another... it will be a shame. Worthy of a try if passing thru Kelowna. Only monents away from Kelown airport. I agree with other reviewers giving high marks for quality and flavor.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was traveling in and out of Kelowna and found this place. It is clean and has a nice interior. Service was great. Miso soup was good, Nigiri Salmon and Blue Fin Tuna were OK, the sweet shrimp was not as good and the spider roll was not up to my expectations. Not the best I have had but also not the worst.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Ordered some sushi to go a week ago. When I picked it up it was all in a single take out container. Ho Miso soup?? I thought, wow, that's not very big for $25 bucks worth of food. When I got home I found out it was indeed some very small rolls and of very average quality. I gave them a chance because our go to place Gogo Sushi is closed Sundays. I will not go back to Kaya. If you haven't tried Gogo do yourself a favour and drive a few extra minutes north to Lake Country. For $22 get the party tray A, two containers, biggest rolls ever and two Miso soups included.Far better value for your money.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We came here for lunch on Sunday and were thrilled for a couple different reasons. First, the sashimi is quite possibly the best I have ever had. The pieces were large and it was SO fresh. The octopus sashimi (Which I often find is dry) was so juicy and delicious. The rolls we had were fairly good as well, the one issue I had with this was they either all had a mustard sauce, or a spicy sauce. I thought I had chose one that wasn't spicy and it turned out to be a struggle to get down.

The other downfall of the restaurant was the service. We were sat quickly, but waited quite a while to be acknowledged. It wasn't busy in the restaurant so that was a bit disappointing.

I would definitely return but would stick to sashimi. Is was so fresh!