“Decent not Overwhelming ”
Review of KAYA Sushi + Grill

KAYA Sushi + Grill
Ranked #108 of 692 Restaurants in Kelowna
Price range: US$14 - US$38
Description: Kaya sushi and grill is located in the neighborhood of Airport Village where you can experience a revolving selection of appetizer, dinner, sushi specials in a casual and trendy setting. Our establishment is a perfect combination of traditional Japanese flavours with an edgy modern sophistication. Under the supervision of Japanese chef Tetsuo Tawara, a menu that would preserve the delicate flavo
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was traveling in and out of Kelowna and found this place. It is clean and has a nice interior. Service was great. Miso soup was good, Nigiri Salmon and Blue Fin Tuna were OK, the sweet shrimp was not as good and the spider roll was not up to my expectations. Not the best I have had but also not the worst.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Ordered some sushi to go a week ago. When I picked it up it was all in a single take out container. Ho Miso soup?? I thought, wow, that's not very big for $25 bucks worth of food. When I got home I found out it was indeed some very small rolls and of very average quality. I gave them a chance because our go to place Gogo Sushi is closed Sundays. I will not go back to Kaya. If you haven't tried Gogo do yourself a favour and drive a few extra minutes north to Lake Country. For $22 get the party tray A, two containers, biggest rolls ever and two Miso soups included.Far better value for your money.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We came here for lunch on Sunday and were thrilled for a couple different reasons. First, the sashimi is quite possibly the best I have ever had. The pieces were large and it was SO fresh. The octopus sashimi (Which I often find is dry) was so juicy and delicious. The rolls we had were fairly good as well, the one issue I had with this was they either all had a mustard sauce, or a spicy sauce. I thought I had chose one that wasn't spicy and it turned out to be a struggle to get down.

The other downfall of the restaurant was the service. We were sat quickly, but waited quite a while to be acknowledged. It wasn't busy in the restaurant so that was a bit disappointing.

I would definitely return but would stick to sashimi. Is was so fresh!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Kaya Sushi + Grill is a bit different than the traditional Japanese sushi restaurants. It blends classic sushi with a modern, fusion style. I've always felt that Kaya uses top quality fresh ingredients. You can feel it in their choice of fish, meat, vegetables, and rolls. Likewise, the great presentation of dishes enhances the taste of the food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank gookimr
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This place is awesome. Wife and I went while celebrating our anniversary in Kelowna and we loved it. We're pretty used to the basic sushi restaurants and were blown away at the creativity and options available here. We tried the Salmon Pressed Sushi and it was crazy good, and unlike anything I've found in other sushi restaurants. Claire served us and was super friendly and knew a lot about the menu. I wish this place was back home so I could go more often! Easy 5 stars.

1  Thank The_Danja_Zone