Lowest prices for your stay
US$92
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
Booking.comUS$91
Priceline
Official HotelUS$92
All reviews ping pong room roller skates fun hotel rooftop patio disco room city park yo yo quirky hotel comic book rotary dial phone bunk beds parking is tight can't beat the location super fun the location is perfect front desk staff water front
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2020

This is a renovated to be retro-chic motel. They have done a great job giving it a cool makeover and making it inviting. The location is perfect, 30 second walk to the pier, restaurants and patios, etc. If you go the other way, there is a mission and some other homeless resources, but it was totally fine, everyone we encountered was friendly. The cons are definitely the parking being so tight you can't get your things out of your car without pulling out. Also, there are no dressers and very few hangers, no coffee makers, etc. Minimal supplies, and no housekeeping due to covid. We had to go down to get towels, toilet paper, etc. several times, including when we checked in, we didn't even have a roll of toilet paper in the room. The pool was never full so it was easy to book a time slot. It was small and very warm, but again, no pool towels, etc. The smoking decks and lounging decks were a nice touch, and we got to meet some people staying in the hotel. Everyone was laid back and a great time. I'd stay again with friends or for a short stay, guests and staff seemed great and you really can't beat the location. We ended up changing plans and leaving a day early and there was no issue with refunding the last night. Very accomodating and friendly.

Date of stay: August 2020
Emma Whanstall, General Manager at Hotel Zed Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback CanuckD35, we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the location and our team of Rebels made a good impression on you! I am so sorry to hear that the supplies in your room were more minimal than expected but hope that our guest services team was able to deliver everything you needed and provide pool towels along with the pool key at the front desk. Our goal is to minimize the number of wasted products in the rooms, as we can't reuse things in our current environment (as I am sure you're likely aware). I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back and make this a 5/5 stay on your next visit, perhaps in one of our larger room types on your next stay? Kind regards, Emma

Reviewed 13 August 2020

If you are looking for somewhere to stay with an amazing location this is it! BUT if you have difficulty sleeping with loud noises do not stay here. There is obviously no sound proofing between walls as we could hear everything our neighbors were saying all night long. The beds were also in serious need of being replaced, it felt like we were sleeping on a piece of plywood they are so hard. Both my fiancée and I woke up with extreme back pain and are still suffering from it a couple days later. There also was no hand soap in the bathroom (this is during Covid too!), it was not clean (hair on the walls and when I moved the lamp it was filthy). We also could barely fit our luggage in the room which isn’t a huge deal as we knew it would be small but both of us couldn’t open our bags at the same time it’s that small. I do NOT recommend this hotel. If you’re young and looking to party and don’t care about sleeping this is definitely your spot!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emma Whanstall, General Manager at Hotel Zed Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2020

Hi Bethany, I think I may have responded to another review you had written on google as well. Again, I am unfortunately unable to see a reservation under your name to follow up on the issues you mentioned. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit and as well that you experienced some issues with the cleanliness of your room, that is unacceptable and I would love the opportunity to follow up. Are you able to reach out directly for us to assist further? Please do not hesitate to give us a call or email directly to the property so we can look into the issues you experienced and make this right! Kind regards, Emma

Reviewed 12 August 2020

Ok here are the positives: I appreciate and like the concept of revitalizing an old motel in funky bright colors, king-size bed in our room was comfortable, the location is great: downtown in walking distance to restaurants, a park with swimming, a small dog beach, the promenade for running, shopping etc..
The negatives: a really small room for two people plus a large dog with luggage; parking is tight; and, at least during peak season, the place is overpriced for what it is.Due to COVID we did not try the pool nor the top-floor outdoor lounge or other shared amenities.
If I were 20+ or staying only for a night and at half the price, I would stay there again. But if you are looking for a longer stay and need space for more than just sleeping, book somewhere else.

Room tip: top (third floor) are quieter and the rooms have little outdoor shared sitting areas
Date of stay: July 2020

Thank you for your feedback Susanne, I am sorry to hear you didn't have the opportunity to use our fun amenities. Please keep in mind that July and August are Kelowna's highest season and the hotels are running on full steam and top rates. Our downtown lakefront location is unmatched in Kelowna (unless looking at luxury locations with a luxury price tag). I would love for you to give us another try in a different, perhaps a more spacious room type. Our shoulder season rates are much more affordable for our larger upgraded room types. We truly have something for everyone with ten different room options to choose from. I would love to help you find the perfect fit so don't hesitate to reach out if I can help at all. Kind regards, Emma

Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

Hotel Zed it’s more like a well renovated motel. The lobby has a cool vibe. The room is small, but nicely decorated. Comfortable bed a pillows. Front desk staff is very friendly and my dog was welcomed with a treat. The location os spectacular, right across the beach park and close to nice restaurants. Free parking.
The only down side was the air conditioner, it was very noisy, I had to turn off because I couldn’t sleep.
Also, there was a big group of guests making noise the whole night, until about 3:30 in the morning. They even knocked at our door. I know it’s not the hotel’s fault, but they should had taken care of it.
I would stay there again, overall very good.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emma Whanstall, General Manager at Hotel Zed Kelowna, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words Karen, we're so glad you enjoyed the location and that your four-legged friend felt right at home. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by your neighbors and the AC unit, I hope that our 24-hour guest services agents were able to take care of this swiftly, I would be happy to look into this and reach out directly. We look forward to welcoming you back for a sound sleep again soon! Kind regards, Emma

Reviewed 19 July 2020 via mobile

Hi I just want to say that I (Marie) did not write the review of the hotel and the fish smell. I have to say that your response and the staff at the desk the night we checked in were very responsive to the issues that came up. Mistakes happen and I would totally rate your response a solid 5 stars. I would have written this response under the review that someone else wrote just to clarify that I found you as a general manager extremely helpful and absolutely caring about the situation.i could not have been more pleased with your response. I'm sure this summer has been very difficult and I think in the circumstances you are doing a fantastic job! The guy behind the desk was also great and went above and beyond his job description to fix our room. I would have given you 5 stars but the room did have some issues. The room I had the 2nd night was really great! Again I think you are doing a fantastic job in a very unusual and difficult situation. All the best Marie (Mitzi)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 343mitzip

Hi Marie,
Thank you so much for the clarification and my apologies for any confusion or incorrect assumptions on my part! Your feedback means a great deal to us. I am relieved to hear that my response was indeed helpful after all and that you enjoyed your stay in the new room. Thank you so much for taking the time to share.
Kind regards, Emma