See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2018

The room was clean with an amazing view. Staff are very friendly and helpful. This place is central to anywhere you want to go. I have stayed here a couple of times and although the pool is under maintenance right now, I can say the last stay here it was great. Perfect temperature on a hot day and room on the deck to hang out. There is a very nice look out with a grassy area that is a nice bonus. The new manager is from a big hotel chain and he knows how to run this place.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk about your needs
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018

After several trips in BC, Canada throughout years we have stayd at many hotels and motels as well. There are sometimes hard to compare both hotels and motels only reading the Tripadvisor.
We have stayd at Panorama Inn, Kamloops over three periodes, one week in summer 2016 and two periodes in June / July, 2018. Two weeks at a time. We think therefore we are capable to write a review about this motel.
We have no complains so far. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. We wanted a place close to "everything" - shopping, restaurantes, good view, easy accsess to Down Town, a safe place and quiet conditions, over all, whatever making you feel good, since these were long stayes for us. Big room, exellent aircondition, and for this price we got absolutely what we had been looking for.
This is not the most modern motel but it has the qualities you need if you are not a very fancy person. The outdoor pool was under upkeep, so next time, we are looking forward to have a bath with beautiful mountain view.
From a Norwegian family

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last year and the place was in shambles. However, after hearing from a few people how much the property had changed in the last few months we decided to give it another shot. This time it was great. The property was clean and beautiful. The views from the second floor rooms are incredible and the sunset is worth the price of the room itself.
The pool was perfect and the kids loved playing in it. There is a large green space beside the property that we had a little picnic in and it was pretty great.
The rooms are clean and a good size and an awesome value considering the area. The restaurant had an awesome buffet and offered us amazing views of the city and valley.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sibylvanegura
Uri F, General Manager at Panorama Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to sit down and share your stay with us. Especially considering that you have small kids running around. It was great to meet your lovely family and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. You would not believe how often it is that people forget to share their good experiences but love to share any negative ones.

The view from the award winning on site restaurant is absolutely spectacular you are 100% correct on that!. We have been working tirelessly to improve the quality of our guests stay and of our property and the surrounding area since I took over as GM in the end of April. As you yourself mentioned, we have made drastic improvements, however there is no question that we still have areas to improve upon.

We hope that you will take the time to stay with us again!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

After all day on my bike I was just looking for a place to sleep. The price was right but you get what you pay for. I guess instead of getting new mattresses they put some kind of topper on the bed. The refrigerator was loud. Sometimes the big chain hotels are a better choice even at more $$$

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we do appreciate the feedback.

I have been looking at our records and unfortunately I am unable to ascertain the date or room in which you stayed with us.
It is too bad that you did not bring this to the staffs attention as we are currently replacing a ton of beds,despite the fact that no mattress on site is more that 3 years old currently, as well as fridges, furniture, and AC Units.
Sometimes people like to wreck things simply because they are not their things. This is more often the case than not in our situation.
Since taking over as GM at the end of April, I have been going through each room and replacing/fixing etc, everything that needs to be done. With the 4th largest property in Kamloops this is a constant battle. Imagine cooking 94 pancakes on a hotplate, by the time you finish putting the 94th on the heat, the first 10 have already burnt on one side.

Again, it is too bad that we are not able to figure out where and when you stayed as I would be more than happy to replace mattresses with the many I have in store, same for the fridge.

I hope that you will give us a chance to change your mind your next time through town. Please feel free to contact us directly in order to provide us with more information regarding your stay.

Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I have never experienced a place like this EVER. My friend and I were in town and booked this room online. It was a good price for the single room 2 queen bed executive suite with kitchette. We arived and check in was smooth. The front lobby was actually very clean and freah smelling. We checked in no problem. Went. And parked and across the parking in front of the other rooms there was a dirty matress and an old toilet, clothing and garbage everywhere. We got to our room and the keys wouldnt work. I went to fron desk and he came over and couldnt get it to work so he used his master key to let us in. He said he would be back with new keys. The room smelled like cigarettes...had cig burns on all the furnature. Our kitchenette consisted of a dirty cigarette burnes microwave and a fridge. No coffee maker or anything. It also didnt have a smoke detector..jist a coulke of wires coning from the ceiling. There were no garbage cans in either the bathroom or "kitchenette". There were no towel racks or anywhere to hang wet towels. This place was filthy. We checked for bedbugs and thankfully didnt find signs so we decided to just stay. As you can see from the photos our balcony had a nice view of the dumpster and matress and old garbage. We were going out for dinner and still never got our keys 2 hours later so I went to front desk. He told me maintenance wasent around anymore so anytime we wanted into the room I had to go get him so he could let us in. We only planned on sleeping so wasent a big deal but seriously wtf??. As you can see fron the photos the door was kicked and not repaired. It looks lime most of these rooms are rented by the hour or by the month but there is traffic all times of the night. This place is the most discusting cesspool ive ever seen. No smoke dectectors and this garbage everywhere should be cause to shut this place down for health and safety reasons. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Its dirty and unsafe. I have included photos of everything so people can see this dump and realize you cant make this up. I am seriously considering contacting my credit card company to make a dispute this place should not be in business.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hi Bev,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Although it was prior to my time here, I have looked in to your stay and I do believe that you spoke to the front desk at the time of check out,upon which they gave you a discounted rate and that you left with out any further issues.

I agree that the garbage issue, in April, was one that was unbelievable disgusting despite being hauled away 3 times a week, which is why it was one of the first things that I addressed upon taking over as GM here.

I can tell you that one of the main issues is the city provided garbage can itself which only opens 1/4-1/2 of the available space at most, as it is extremely antiquated, and inadequate for what our needs are, I have spoken to the Mayor and the city and have addressed my concern for this problem directly with them.
As a result we have had new dumpsters ordered by the City which should hopefully provide a much more adequate means of disposal on the scale we need, once they arrive.

Regarding the Mattress and toilet, those were pulled out of one of the recently renovated units and were awaiting for a rubbish removal company to arrive and haul them away, beside the garbage area .

I will be replacing the current room key system at 1 pm tomorrow as well in order to hopefully offset some of the inconvenience that the locks have provided to guests in the past.

The front desk staff as well will be trained, along side our very part time maintenance man, as well as myself, on how to operate and troubleshoot the new system, lock and keys to remove the excuse that "maintenance isn't around".

The furniture in the room that you stayed in was also removed from the property upon my take over, I have been personally going through to check rooming amenities and items, including garbage cans, ice buckets, etc.

Regarding the smoke detector, that is an absolute fail in my books. There is not any excuse as to why there was a detector missing in the room, the staff simply dropped the ball. In the last 4 weeks I have personally requested and had the fire department, health boards, as well as fire safety service company come in and preform inspections,(every single one was passed), and maintenance on extinguishers and fire safety systems etc.

You are correct that we do provide monthly rentals to the University Students over the slower months and they are quite terrible to the rooms from what I have seen personally. They are prone to pull down smoke detectors, burn carpets, and wreck the doors among other forms of maleficence.

I can assure that what you experienced prior to my arrival at the end of April is not what you would experience today.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences, it is through reviews and discussions such as these that we are able to identify and rectify the areas in which we are lacking.