All reviews hi express off the highway pancake machine breakfast bar vancouver island free breakfast convenient location main floor lots of parking gas station we've stayed two queen beds desk clerk great stopover easy access bagels would stay here again
Reviewed 6 October 2018

We were only passing through, travelling from Whistler to Jasper so this hotel suited us for location as it is right on the Trans-Canada Highway so didnt have to go into town. Therefore not much around but that was ok for us - there is a casino opposite which has restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager1550, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express KAMLOOPS.
Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at or gsm@hiekamloops.com.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I continue to rely on this property for business travel in Kamloops. It is a great overall value when you factor in the location, quality of renovation, price and staff.

The hotel is within 30 seconds of exit 367 off Hwy 5 as you enter Kamloops from the west. There is a gas station adjacent to the hotel and a casino right across the street. There is ample and free parking and level access to the lobby. Front desk staff are friendly and knowledgeable and I'm usually on my way up to my room in less than 2 minutes. There is only 1 elevator but it's a decent size and I rarely wait more than a few seconds. There is a pool and fitness room but I've never had the chance to use them.

Rooms are a good size and well-appointed, especially for the price. Internet is reliable and there are several power outlets available. Each room has a fridge and microwave and there's a pantry in the lobby to by snacks and meals. The TV is an okay size and offers several HD channels but no in-room movies. There is a good amount of storage available and an open closet by the door. I was in room 406 which faces Hwy 5 so there is some noticeable noise from trucks. Everything in the room worked as expected and was very clean.

The only negatives for me are that the bed was really soft. Also, the bathroom is small with a very small vanity. They make good use of the available space but it's pretty cramped. Noise from the road, adjacent rooms and the hallways is more noticeable than I like as well.

The issues are minor and I definitely recommend staying here if you're in the area.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have less road noise
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GeneralManager1550, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Guest Services Manager
gsm@hiekamloops.com

Reviewed 17 September 2018

I needed to cancel a reservation, I received an email stating the reservation was cancelled yet I was billed for the room, when I called they refused to consider a refund because it was "policy". The attitude of "Faik" the manager was very abrupt and would not consider that the problem might have been on their end. Doubt I will do business with this franchise again and will sour me on any other Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hello Duck-and-Goose-Man,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I want all aspects of your experience with our hotels to be pleasant, and I am sorry to learn about your dismay with the policy surrounding the cancellation of your booking. I would like to look into this further. I would also like to properly document the details of your comments and share them with the hotel management. Thus, I have sent you a private message to follow-up.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We always stay here , while visiting Kamloops. It’s a great location, the hotel is very clea, comfortable and has great friendly staff. It has a great variety of items for your free breakfast. They are always willing to lend a helping hand.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Comfortable room and accommodated our family well during our stay.
Breakfast was rather crowded however and after this and the previous day's experience in Revelstoke we avoided these 'standard-all inclusive' breakfasts thereafter.

Room Tip: Recommend to grad a terrace table during breakfast
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Hi DandJ_2008,

Thank you for taking the time and consideration to let us know about how your stay was at our hotel. We would like to create the right experience for hotel guests and this includes providing the best accommodation, services and amenities. I am happy you like the comfort of our rooms.

I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations on this particular occasion. The issues you had with the breakfast experience cannot be taken for granted. We recognize your dismay and I want to assure you I have forwarded your remarks to the involved department to refine our service.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Best,