“Excellent Restaurant for a Special Occasion ”
Review of Royal Dar

Royal Dar
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in Duncan
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We had a very positive experience in coming to this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. The quality of the atmosphere, the service, and the food all made for a very positive memorable evening.
Our server had a wonderful smile, positive attitude and was attentive to our needs.
The food was delicious, authentic, Indian food. We had chosen medium spicy which was perfect for us. They have 5 levels of spicy to choose from. All the flavors were so good. We didn't have a long wait for our food. The portions were surprisingly large. The majority of the one meal ordered we took home as we couldn't eat anymore. We had started with the veggie platter for an appetizer and it was huge for an appetizer. I loved being able to taste so many special Indian dishes that I don't make at home with the veggie platter.
We will definitely return and can comfortably reccomend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Indian food. I'm so glad a friend told me about the restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Wow! Hidden treasure of a restaurant! Beautiful setting both outside on veranda and also inside with tasteful decorated decor. The food was so very tasty and lots of gluten free options. I would definitely recommend and will most definitely return again. Delicious, authentic and fresh.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The staff behavior was a combination of rudeness and racism, unlike any other restaurant we have visited in Canada so far.
Indians are known also for their hospitality and respect for their guests amongst many other things. If you decide to serve Indian food, may be you should also consider treating your guests with a little respect!

1  Thank nhdubey680
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Situated off the main streets in a converted heritage house, the Royal Dar offers a warm welcome, great ambience and good food. Tastefully decorated this is unlike most other Indian Restaurants in that a range of set meals are offered, to include a main, rice, a vegetable curry and salad for one inclusive price. Portions are generous, service is excellent, food is tasty, cannot ask more!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve had several business trips to India and eaten at numerous 5-star restaurants there. The Royal Dar is a 6-star compared to them. The Dahl is amazing. The only downside is that I don’t live in Duncan so I can only eat here when I come to visit my father. Highly recommend this restaurant!!!!