“Family 'option' for Chilliwack dinner”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #64 of 245 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Description: White Spot Restaurants are passionate about fresh, local ingredients & great service. Try award-winning burgers, delicious salads, pastas & more! Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner & take out.
Reviewed 22 June 2020

As a Father's Day dinner, the family decided to go here to celebrate. . . not that we had much choice ;)

Despite the COVID-19 pandemic procedures that they have in place, the White Spot staff and ambiance remained welcoming. The staff wore a hybrid of clear plastic face mask and shield that can allow you to see their expressions while keeping the customers away from their droplets. Our server was quite responsive and checked on us numerous times throughout our dining experience.

We had to wait for about 10 minutes or so to be seated (limited seating for social distancing) after checking in with the host upfront. We noticed it is mostly families who also dine at this location.

In accordance with Provincial guidelines, White Spot now uses disposable paper menus. Because of this, the selection is somewhat limited. Our grandmother was disappointed that the chicken pot pie did not make the new limited menu.

We ordered: Nobashi prawns with Ceasar salad; Whitspot club with fries and a side of gravy; Toasted Shrimp Sandwich with fries and a side of gravy; The Spot’s Fish & Chips; and Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese with Ceasar salad side.

Caesar salads were very good as usual - we always love to order them from White Spot as they remain consistently good in how crisp the lettuce is and the dressing superb.

The Nobashi prawns had panko breading - crunchy flavored texture that went well with fresh shrimps. The lingcod fish and chips were big pieces with a hearty serving of hand-cut fries. The clubhouse sandwich was very tasty and filling. The Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese dish with jasmine rice was a delicious surprise with a hint of curry in the creamy cheese sauce.

Although we miss the chicken pot pie here, we are still pleased with the type of menu White Spot is offering in the new normal these days. We truly enjoyed dining out together and celebrating an important day with family.

Date of visit: June 2020
1  Thank wanderBhyn
Write a reviewReviews (107)

Reviewed 17 May 2020

Screwed up my order for pick up called and the girl said she took the order and pretty much I was wrong
You guys suck!! We will not order from you guys again thanks to ur stupid girl for being so rude. Table 101 for pick up check # 1129081 should have a speaking too wish I never tipped $7. For rudeness how awful!

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 7 May 2020 via mobile

We have ordered meals three times since the pandemic virus arrived. We ordered online and paid by credit card. Pick up was quick and seamless.

On our first order we ordered a mushroom burger and a clubhouse. Delicious!

On our next order on the Easter weekend White Spot was advertising a Roast Turkey Dinner for two for $39. We ordered it and enjoyed it so much that we ordered it again the next evening. I hope they put it on special again. It was delicious!

Good quality food, order some and support our local White Spot.

Date of visit: May 2020
1  Thank Brian021
Reviewed 20 February 2020

A good old, comfort food place. An All-American in North America! Good service, clean, reasonably priced.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 23 January 2020

As far as chain restaurants go, White Spot is one of my personal favourites. Opening its first location in 1928, White Spot is a true Vancouver original. It has ingrained itself so deep within the cultural and social fabric of this Province that it is routinely highlighted as one of the “must try” restaurants when visiting southern BC. Indeed, their burgers, shakes and Pirate Pak’s do command quite a following! For me, I enjoy the fact that White Spot is a Canadian family tradition – one still going strong in an era of the “ultra-modern” and softened borders. In that regard this chain is rife with family memories, especially in relation to driving up and down this beautiful Province.

From the late 1980s to the early 2000s, the family and I would routinely drive across the Province during the summer holidays. White Spot was inevitably part of that experience, as we’d dine at various locations going down towards Vancouver and vice versa. In my younger years, the Pirate Pak was always a draw . . . you know, that chocolate coin was most enticing ;) Later on, it was all about the “Legendary Burger” and various of White Spot’s thick, flavourful milkshakes. Nestled in with those experiences were, of course, good family time and conversation. Indeed, the general setting and atmosphere of White Spot – including this Chilliwack location – are most conducive to a relaxing repast. It’s never overly loud, and the servers are often friendly and cordial.

Visiting the Chilliwack White Spot was, in some ways, a bit nostalgic. In the days of yesteryear, the family and I would dine here just prior to driving back up north because it was viewed as a peaceful and “good” way to say “until next time” to the family members we were visiting. Heck, I even recall having Thanksgiving dinner at this location with my dear grandmother in 2002. Now, nearly two decades later, this White Spot is still a bastion of the good. We came here just prior to driving back up north and – once again – enjoyed our meal. My grandmother’s chicken pot pie w/ Caesar salad was spot on: The outer crust of the pie was light and flaky while the innards were creamy and plentiful. My aunt’s chicken burger, likewise, was good. The chicken was succulent and flavourful. Additionally, my “Legendary Burger” with fries was, well, legendary! I tell ya, there’s nothing quite like that signature Triple O sauce! Service throughout the meal was nice as well.

FOOD: 4/5
SERVICE: 5/5
VALUE: 5/5
RECOMMENDATION: What can I say, the classics never go out of style. It had been many years since our last repast at the Chilliwack White Spot, but it was as good as ever – definitely in line with other White Spots I’ve patronized. The memories, though, are priceless! Highly recommended!

PS: If you found this review helpful in any way please consider hitting the "helpful" button!

Date of visit: August 2019