“Awesome Summer Menu Featuring Fresh Local Food & Drink”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #64 of 244 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Description: White Spot Restaurants are passionate about fresh, local ingredients & great service. Try award-winning burgers, delicious salads, pastas & more! Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner & take out.
Reviewed 9 August 2016

When we saw the location of our hotel in a shopping center, we figured the dining options would be limited to the standardized fare one usually finds in such places. In this we were wrong. Our genial hosts at the nearby Comfort Inn spoke highly of The White Spot and recommended we give it a try. We found a cozy, welcoming place with a very nice bar (always our choice for a quick meal after a long journey). But best of all was the special menu placed in front of us by the friendly bartender: "Celebrate BC - Summer Being Served!"

WOW!

I've attached photos of the menu with its imaginatively conceived, locally sourced offerings so that you can see exactly why we were so enthusiastic about it. The professional photos are a lot better than any that I could have taken in the bar's relative darkness (very cozy, I must say).

We were right in the midst of blueberry season, so blueberries figured in a lot of the choices, including the delectable BC blueberry salad that I selected and the Backyard BBQ Better Burger with its amazing pickled blueberry barbecue sauce, selected by my better half. We also took home a good-sized tart filled to overflowing with giant fresh blueberries, to enjoy later after digesting our generously portioned, very filling meals. And prices for these delicious offerings were surprisingly modest.

With bigger appetites, we could have ordered the special combo with a classic burger, fresh caesar salad, and slice of blueberry pie -- a real bargain at just $13.99. Next time maybe we'll give that a try.

The menu also featured a nice selection of BC wines and had a colorful & informative page suggesting pairings with the various dishes. This was helpful, since being from the East Coast, we don't have a lot of experience drinking wine from Canada's West Coast. And it was fun and cheerful to look at.

The White Spot seems to be a small local chain that has been around for many years and has an excellent reputation with the people who live here. Pictures of the founders hang near the entrance, lending a charming personal note.

We enjoyed ourselves so much that, whenever passing through BC in the future, we certainly will be on the lookout for "The White Spot," confident that a wonderful meal in a friendly & pleasant atmosphere awaits us.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (106)

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Had dinner here after a long day of water slides. Was seated quickly and our food was hot and fresh.

Bathrooms were clean and the staff were very nice.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Great place to eat, service is fast & the servers are friendly. My husband had his favorite burger with the Triple O sauce & endless fries & I had the Beef Dip on a toasted garlic panini.
Good valve, would recommend eating here.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I grew up eating at the white spot in Vancouver. So now, when I come back to Canada, we visit the first white spot we see. Since I used to be a local, I'd say this is where the locals eat. Fresh buns and all the food, I love the burgers with the special triple O sauce, fresh cut French fries, delicious coffee, and in July, fresh blueberry pie. The blueberry pie is outstanding, the berries were a little early,but that enabled me to try the pie sooner. It has a very light sauce and the berries are fresh and not cooked. So good. Was full, so took mine to go.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Enjoyed a lovely meal here last week with my relatives. The food was tasty and service was excellent. I had a chicken teriyaki dish and my cousin had a hamburger wrapped in lettuce without bread. She said it was delicious. The food and service have always been great anytime I have eaten at a White Spot. Great restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2016