“Excellent Vietnam Restaurant”

Pho Triple 7 Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Chemainus
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Canadian
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I was taken here as a guest when I arrived in Chemainus. The food is so amazing that I've been back 3 times as a single diner already and will be there again at least 2-3 times before I leave. Their Won Ton Soup is outstanding! I've never had a Salad Wrap appetizer as fresh and delicious anywhere in the world.
Christine and her family produce the highest quality food in a simple format. The restaurant is a must stop for the Asian tourists who visit this area. I found myself having to go early to ensure I could get a table. I've eaten at both lunch and dinner. Lunches are busier due to tourist bus traffic.
The quality and taste of Christine's meals exceeds any that I have had in major U.S. and other Canadian cities.
I want to take her back with me when I return home next week.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I have been very disappointed in the local restaurants since I moved here from Ottawa. The norm seems to be sub-standard fare and service for high prices. A friend suggested we go to Pho triple 7. I was so pleased. The place looks and smells very clean (because it is). The service was polite and prompt. A good variety on the menu which should satisfy all palates. I had perfectly cooked rice, shrimp, cooked red and orange peppers and onion pieces and a mixed salad with a vegetarian spring roll. Lots of flavour and the marinades and sauces were applied with a delicate touch. I ate every scrap.

I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Love their salad rolls and the Pho. Great family restaurant. Love to see the owners there working for their love of the food.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

we've had to look for a take-out place in the area as our baby fell asleep in the car. we were starving! came across Pho Triple 7 in google, were not sure if they do a take-out, but decided to try that. Yes, although the server was surprised with my request, they did agree to do a take-out for us! it took them only 10 min to prep two soups and spring rolls. they gave plenty of sauces and all you may need. The server guy was super-nice about it. Very good impression. we ended up driving to the nearest park and parking in the shades of a tree having our meal next to the car where our child was sleeping. The food appeared to be delicious! They packed all the ingredients separately: beef, noodles, greens etc. and the hot broth, so we can mix it all when ready. amazing solution! we got a fresh tasty meal. strongly recommend!

1  Thank SSADCAD
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This was our second visit to Pho Triple 7. The Pho was definitely not the best, but enjoyable all the same. Service was decent at first, didn't take too long to get our food. But on this occasion, we almost wanted to walk out without paying as the cook and dishwasher began fighting, cussing each other out, and yelling at each other in the kitchen while we were just over half way through with our meal.

Nobody resolved the issue, nor did anyone come out and apologize to us. Our server briefly apologized once we went up to the till to pay, but they didn't even discount our meal. And the shouting/fighting/cussing continued while we were paying our bill. The shouting and such had gone on for a good 5 minutes and was still happening as we walked out the door. A passerby even commented negatively because the shouting could be heard outside with the door closed.

Based on this experience, we can neither feel comfortable eating at this establishment again, nor recommending it to anyone. Stay away, unless you don't mind unsettling eating environments where the staff are at each other's throats in the back.

1  Thank parlour7