“A Funky, unexpectedly good food restaurant”

Owl's Nest Bakery and Bistro
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Chemainus
Reviewed 8 October 2018

My husband wanted to eat lunch here and I wasn't impressed with this place. Inside there were people lined up for lunch. The food was very different. We each had a panini with roasted vegetables and cheese. I love eggplant, which my husband isn't too fussy about but he loved this sandwich as much as I did. It was a real taste treat. The bakery was a treat too.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We were so impressed with our dining experience at this Bistro. The food was fresh, unique and so delicious. The service of the staff was outstanding. The menu is fun and has some interesting choices. All this and at a price point that is great value.

We had a minor mix up with the soup size we ordered ( might have even been my fault) and a complementary cup was provided, as management insisted on making sure we were satisfied .

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I was looking for a breakfast and was worried that it was past 10am and breakfast would be off the menu. Not here! Breakfast served all day!
Had a very yummy eggs, bacon, toast meal.
Eggs cooked to perfection (easy over), good meaty (not fatty) bacon and thick crusty home made bread.
Nice addition - the fresh fruit garnish.
Delicious almond milk latte too.
Service was excellent.
Definitely returning.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Previous breakfasts have been very good, and I’ve felt confident in recommending the place. so was very disappointed with the lunch today. It was especially awkward when you have out of town guests and the restaurant was your suggestion. Seafood chowder ordered by 2 parties was not good at all, the tuna melt toast was so hard that it had to be sent back to the kitchen to be cut up by staff so it could be eaten. Dressing on the Coleslaw which came with the shrimp & crab salad had a bit of a rancid taste. Mocha drinks were watered down. All in all a shock and disappointment.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We had a tasty lunch, tucked away in the back of the Bistro. It was a great place to visit with friends.