“Main place for pastries in Chemainus!”
Review of Utopia Bakery Cafe

Utopia Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Chemainus
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Oh my! Pastries and bread and coffee! Oh my! If you want an extra-special coffee break, you will find it at Utopia Euroean bakery! We had the hazelnut meringue pastries and apple strudel. Both were fantastic!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I haven't actually eaten here but I go all the time to buy their gluten free - vegan bread. Best I've had.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Just happened to stop by for a coffee (many types available) and we couldn't resist their pastries/sandwich counter. The food was fresh and delicious. Well worth our stop at this cafe.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

As I was leaving Beyond the Usual I followed my nose around the corner and happened on the most wonderful surprise! The baked goods at Utopia Bakery are fantastic. So many options (including a LOT of gluten free options). The lunch menu didn't look enticing so we stuck with the baked goods. Their cinnamon buns are delicious with a ton of cream cheese icing (they did have plain as well). We tried so many things because we just couldn't choose - such beautiful artistry! I am very much looking forward to the next visit to Chemainus from Nanaimo!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I live in the U.S., but Utopia Bakery Cafe is an absolute MUST anytime I visit Vancouver Island. In fact, I take the ferry to Nanaimo from West Vancouver rather than the ferry into Swartz Bay/Sidney, just so that I can stop at Utopia for the shortbread cookies. Everything looks so tasty, but the shortbread cookies are so outrageously wonderful, that I don't want to spoil my appetite with any of the other goodies. I usually take some bread with me to make sandwiches to enjoy at nearby Shawinigan Lake. I often see the baker bringing new trays of baked goods into the display cases, so I know everything is freshly baked. I'm going to Victoria next month and I'm counting the minutes until I get to enjoy the yummy Utopia shortbread cookies.