See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Chemainus is a quaint little municipality on the east coast of Vancouver Island approximately 30 minutes from Nanaimo travelling south or 60 minutes from Victoria travelling north. Murals depict the early lumber days and the museum and gardens worth visiting. Amenities are all within walking distance and basically you park in a free parking zone and walk everywhere. Good eats and drinks in town as well

Room tip: This is not a hotel and I have no idea why Tripadvisor gave me these selections. The ratings are for the town in general.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2016

We stayed in the group campground and it was pretty nice. Only one side of the sites had full hookup and the others had power and water. It was quiet and clean and the grounds are very nice. They are eventually are turning this place into a mobile home site and will get rid of the campsites, the best campsites we saw were only for long term people, but we enjoyed ourselves and Chemainus is a great little town.

Room tip: this is a campground, near the trees beside the club house is good.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank janinereal
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I found this development online and went over from Vancouver to view it. I was given a lovely tour by Kolleen and found a pre-owned unit I would have purchased right away except there was no carport and when I asked if it was allowed to erect one was told in no uncertain terms, NO! and given no explanation. I liked the development so much I then contacted Metropolitan Capital, the owners or management company and they were downright rude when I inquired regarding carports. He basically said he wasn't going to waste his time explaining their reasons for the rules. Imagine. I was merely politely inquiring and received that kind of abrupt response. Before hanging up he mumbled something about congestion if you had carports. That is a complete load of rubbish as there is plenty of space and if they conformed to the design of the houses, would look quite appealing and save seniors and older people from having to scrape ice and snow off their vehicles in the cold weather. I am truly sorry to even be writing this comment but feel quite affronted by the way this has been handled and managements complete lack of desire to even discuss it. If they thought about it I am sure it would help increase their sales and they have the perfect opportunity in the new phase they are developing now. I travel a great deal and simply wanted an architectually appealing protection for my vehicle. Again, I apologize for having to write this but I could not believe the response from management saying I was wasting their time.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
21  Thank bruce m
Reviewed 16 August 2015

We just had our Family Reunion (100+) here. The pavilion was fabulous - excellent kitchen facilities, great washrooms, great projection and sound devices, lots of tables and chairs and lots of places for RV's to plug in. The gardens were lovely! Kolleen (our host) was so welcoming and always ready to answer questions. The price was reasonable and the venue was close to the town of Chemainus. This would be a perfect location for large group gatherings!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sherry O
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

We had our wedding at Chemainus Gardens. So amazing!!! We had the whole place from Friday to Sunday and it was so affordable. Very pleased with the experience. The guests were able to camp behind. The hall which was nice. The hall rental included tables and chairs which kept rental costs down.

Date of stay: July 2015