“Very Good Meal”

Ranked #136 of 361 Restaurants in Red Deer
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to Joey's Restaurants - Home to Canada's favourite Fish & Chips. Whether you crave hand-cut Wild Alaskan Pollock, Cod, Haddock, Halibut or Salmon prepared in trans-fat free Canola Oil, Joey's Seafood Restaurants has exactly what you are fishing for - outstanding seafood and shellfish including Fish Tacos, Shrimp, Crab, Calamari and much more. Experience Joey's signature Tartar Sauce and freshly prepared seafood sauce and find out what makes our light and crispy batter so famous. Discover our wide variety of soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches, chicken, ribs, ocean fare and desserts. With 58 franchises in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario, check our map to find a location near you. Connect with our text club or e-club for rewards. Sea you soon!
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My husband and sister-in-law ate at this restaurant for dinner recently. I ordered the fish tacos and the others had the fish and chips.

The fish tacos were excellent. I had 2 of them but could have just had one, as they were quite filling. The tacos come with coleslaw and fries. I could not finish my meal.

The fish and chips were done to perfection. The fish did not have too much breading on it and they were not greasy.

I believe Frank (hope I got your name correct) put our meal together so a big thanks go out to him.

The restaurant is on the smaller side but is not busy. There is parking out front but the lot is on the smaller side.

Our waitress came to check on us 3 times to be sure we did not need anything further.

We will be back!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Yes, been a while since we were here.

Same good food and same pleasant staff. Thank you to owner Puneet. I told him he was not as pretty as his wife, but the service was just as good.

Will come back.

Spent $29 for lunch for two

Reviewed 13 April 2017

The first good reason is consistent food quality.

No pre-cooking here: it's hot, hot, hot, nd fresh.

And we like server-owner Dimple. She works hard, is exceedingly pleasant, and has a great personality.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I was disappointed when I went last time. The size of the deep fried fish is quite smaller than it use to be. I have been going here for years but not any more. The food is good but the portion is not the size it should be.

1  Thank bon992017
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We are accustomed to have a restaurant manager drop by the table to see how things are going. Appreciated.

But in this Joey's outlet, it was the owner, a lovely young lady named Dimple, who not only served the meal and attended to us, but was personable and friendly enough to visit and make sure we were happy campers.

The food (fish and chips) was as good as it should be and we look forward to a return visit.