“Night out”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Love this little out of the way bar. Very quaint and quite...a little pricey on their drinks. And hard to find...but once you do it is very romantic.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

This WAS a back alley gem! Only accessed thru the back alley, brought you into one of the hippest bars in the city. The moment you entered you felt accepted and at ease. It has now been sold....and .....now not what locals loved and held dear. The Olive will be missed.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

My husband and I were looking for someplace to grab a meal, a drink or two and listen to live music. The Olive filled all these requirement. The bartender -Charlie was great. Quick service, the hummus was fab. Hubbie had a steak - done to perfection. I went with the Gouda burger and it tasted like homemade -wonderful. Kinda cute atmosphere and well explained - Charlied said look at this as my back yard BBQ so I will cook your food but you will get your plates ready. Bathrooms are down steep stairs to the basement, however they are clean. Daniel Greer was singing and playing guitar and we truly enjoyed him. We will be back! Thank you for a great date night experience for "an over 50 couple".

Reviewed 28 March 2015

You won't find anything quite like the Olive anywhere else in Red Deer. This place doesn't claim to be something it's not.
Small room, dimly lit, great art, live entertainment on occasion...
Great place to go have a quiet glass or a cocktail. Many of the customers you meet are regulars. BBQ out back that the tender will grill for you on... patio faces the alley. Alley is where the entrance is but not to worry, it's well lit and not awkward. This is one of my favs.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was convinced to go to this lounge last night, I was told by a few people it was a gay bar but still fun. I am not gay nor am I offended by people who are so we went. It is super tiny, it holds a maximum of 44 people inside. We just missed the live entertainment, the place smelled like an armpit but the service and drinks were awesome. The bathrooms are down some very steep stairs in the basement but super clean. We didn't order any food so I don't know about that. I would go back and drink their dirty Martini's, yummy.

4  Thank Gail D