All reviews indian restaurant london drugs liquor store vlt lounge front desk waffles shopping venues looked modern bayside lounge low rate this recently renovated hotel sausage nice lobby usb charging ports big flat screen tv shower stall giant tiger
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

First Time staying at this location. Rooms are very recently renovated; clean and modern. Everything In the room worked and was in good condition.

The Indian restaurant attached to the hotel is excellent; highly recommend. Only down sides is the gym is in very poor shape (the renovations seemed to not include this. There is a infrared sauna works very well; staff informed me that it didnt work was just takes a while to heat up.

Breakfast had lots of selection. Only negative part is the AM front desk staff Is overworked! The hotel expects them to run the breakfast and man the front desk at the same time.

Had a good night sleep

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Harp N, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2018

Hello valued guest. We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is very important to us, it helps us ascertain what we need to focus our attention on. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's good to hear that the sauna does work after all, it must just require some patience. We will be updating the fitness room as our schedule permits.
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay. We hope that you had an overall positive experience, and that you will think of us for your next stay in Medicine Hat.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

The hotel is very nice. The exterior of the building is brick an has an overhang with arches which I thought looked nice. We had a jacuzzi quite for a reasonable price. It has been recently completely renovated and it was really great! I was huge as they took what used to be two rooms and made it into the one suite. We had a bathroom with a toilet and sink and another bathroom with a sink, toilet and shower. The shower stall had an overhead shower as well as a handheld shower and had shower jets that sprayed straight out towards you. It was really nice. We also had a kitchen and living room with a couch and chair, big flat screen tv, dishwasher,fridge, microwave, stove, dishes and utensils with an island with 3 stools. Everything was updated and modern. The bed was king size and the in suite jacuzzi tub for two was in the bedroom area. There was another big flat screen tv across from the bed.
The room was very spacious and clean. The lobby was clean and nice, no unpleasant smells in the hotel and the staff was friendly and helpful. The area the hotel is in was fine. There are businesses across the street such as restaurants and shopping, Tim Hortons, London Drugs, Reitmans, The Brick, etc. The hotel right beside was definitely a budget hotel which could lead to some previous reviews about the area. The only thing needing improvement would be the breakfast. Sausages and scrambled eggs and pancake machine were good, but the cubed potatoes were terrible and the hot water was only warm. There is a bar and lounge in the building and we just looked around and didn't stay but it looked very nice and staff seemed friendly. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: room 222, second floor jacuzzi suite. At the far end of hotel. Hotel is only 2 floors, no elevator
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Harp N, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Hello Mel. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought of our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our jacuzzi suites are wonderful, they are our newest renovated rooms.We are very grateful for your feedback, it really does help us figure out what's working and what we need to change up. We have just started doing our breakfast potatoes differently recently, I apologize for the disappointing breakfast.
Thank you again for the review, we were pleased to have you and look forward to next time.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

I truly wanted to like this property. I have a soft spot for the underdog, the unassuming trying to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
I was disappointed.
Based on other reviews, I took my chances and booked a night here instead of my usual property.
Driving into the property my misgivings began. The signage and the outer building gives you the sense you’re entering a sketchy hotel in a sketchy area, which is a strange experience because Medicine Hat doesn’t seem big enough for that type of neighbourhood.
The side of the building is covered in signage for an Indian restaurant, a pub, a cold beer store and a nightclub.
Upon entering the lobby, you’re met with a rather unpleasant smell. It takes you only a moment to identify that it must be coming from the Indian restaurant, located at the top of the “grand” staircase.
The lobby itself is quite dingy and in need of an overhaul, definitely a run down eighties vibe.
After checking in, I headed to my room with trepidation.
I was completely shocked, the room was renovated and modern. That being said, they made an unfortunate choice in their decor. The room could best be described as cavernous, as they replaced all flooring with hard surfaces. Tile in the entry/bath areas, which is nice, with vinyl planking in the bed area. These choices make the room echoey and while not cold temperature wise, it felt cold comfort wise. The door to the room was very concerning, as noted by another reviewer, it seemed it may have been pried open at some point. It made a terrible racket opening and closing, and did not include a deadbolt.
Breakfast was a dismal affair. I’m not sure how it’s possible, but they ruined one of my favourites, tater tots. There was only one selection of eggs available, boiled, and they were soaking in lukewarm water. Once you peel the shells off, the yolk was very dark and sulfery, indicating it was over cooked.
You can see they tried hard, and perhaps at some time in the future this will be completely overhauled, but in the meantime I will stay at the other Wyndham property.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Harp N, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry that you did not seem to enjoy your stay with us. We have been renovating our property, as it was built in 1972. Priority was given to the guest rooms, as you noticed. It sounds like you were given one of our pet friendly rooms, as they are not carpeted for ease of cleaning. I apologize if this was not to your liking.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, giving us a second chance to impress you.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

This hotel is in a great location for us. Upon arrival we were a little concerned about what we had booked as the outside is rather outdated and a little run down, it also has a club at the end of it. Going inside though really changed our minds, the inside was updated, modern, and clean. The rooms are a decent size, the bed was comfortable, the staff were friendly, and the free continental breakfast was decent especially for the price. We were a little late arriving on our check in night and the girl called to ensure that we were still coming and not stuck on the road somewhere, it was very nice that she was concerned about our arrival and did not want to have to charge us if we were not going to be coming.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Courtney. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought of our property. We appreciate your feedback very much.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we have been making steady improvements to all areas of the hotel.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Wherever possible we stay at Wyndham properties so decided to give this location a shot; wish we hadn't. Perhaps they were too new to the Wyndham family, but at the time of our stay they just weren't to the same level of excellence we've come to expect. Check in issues (had to call Wyndham directly to get our points awarded), contractors had obviously used our room prior to our check in and not flushed, poor treatment of staff who are working their tales' off...but hey...the breakfast was amazing lol.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Harp N, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate being told where we have fallen under expectations because it gives us very clear areas where we can make the most productive changes to our services. I would love discuss, in more detail, your specific complaints so can you please call the hotel and ask to speak to Erin, we would truly appreciate it.

Look forward to hearing from you