1,858 results
All reviewsloft roomthree single bedssauna and steam roomon site restaurantfull kitchenseparate bedroombreakfast buffetsmall balconymain floorliving areawood burning fireplacesofa bedstayed here for nightsquiet locationtown centremaligne lakecoffee maker
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Outdated, but clean and comfortable rooms. Wifi does not work. Our big concern was with the service. For example, we returned from dinner out and found someone parking outside our door. We were told by the front desk that there is no guarantee of even one parking spot. No apologies. Nothing. We were left to park far down the street with our gear etc, so it would be very unfortunate if we had young children or disabled travellers. I would expect more for $250/night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Dawn A
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Good setup if you get the room with the 3 single bed in the loft and the queen bed in the bedroom below. The room feels spacious because the sleeping areas are truly separated. I usually go with 4-5 other adults during the ski season and this hotel meets our needs. I like the complementary firelog they give you (although I remember it used to be real firewood when I went as a little girl) and the outdated decor doesn't bother me much. I do appreciate that they have updated the bathrooms. The most important things for me is cleaniness, noise level, and price. The Best Western Jasper Inn is not fancy but is a great place to crash after a day on the slopes.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flora C
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The staff at the Best Western Jasper was very accommodating. They upgraded our room with no charge. Housekeeping was very conscientious and polite. Disappointed that the resturant was only opened for breakfast. Also the section of the hotel that our suite was in was looked a little dated and not very bright. I asked for a ride in their "complimentary" van that was sitting in front of the hotel and was told - not possible. Staff didn't seem to be knowledgeable in what there was to do in and around Jasper and just pointed to their brochures.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cindy R
Manager61073, Manager at Best Western Jasper Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Ms R

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.
We are sorry we were unable to accommodate a shuttle for you in our company vehicle. Unfortunately we only have a few drivers with the required Class 4 license to drive our guests. We have more of our staff taking this license so we can provide the shuttle on a more regular basis.
We would also like to express our apologies for your disappointment in regards to the Restaurant being closed as we renovate. We hope you will have a chance to experience our new atmosphere and menu should you be visiting our area in the future.
Sincerely
The Best Western Management Team

Reviewed 18 November 2012

My wife & I spent 2 nights here in October after staying 3 nights in Banff,also at Best Western and if we ever get back to Canada we will stay more in Jasper than Banff,so much more relaxed,no where near as expensive and not nearly as many Asian tourists blocking ones way to take photos of each other,and Maligne Lake,superb.(make sure you are here before the second weekend in October as that is when the lake tours stop for the season)
But back to the motel.
We were in a top floor loft with a balcony,fantatsic room,so so tidy and clean,enough room.
Great place,very good guests laundry and the onsite restaurant was so so much better than some motel/hotel restaurants we had to put up with on,it was fantastic.
All the staff we spoke to or saw were so helpful and friendly.
This is one town and motel we will definitely get back to we loved it here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank otistdriftwood

Dear Otistdriftwood

Thank you for your favorable view. We are always pleased to hear such nice comments of our property and little town and are happy to pass these on to all of our employees.
We hope you will have a chance to visit Jasper in the future as we would welcome the opportunity of hosting you again!

Sincerely
The Best Western Management Team

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I booked the Best Western as I had recently had an excellent experience at a Best Western in Alberta. I was disappointed to say the least. When I checked in, the hotel announced that I was being upgraded to a deluxe family suite. Well, while I cannot argue that the room was spacious, (living room, bedroom with queen, loft with three singles, kitchen with fridge/microwave) clean and fairly well appointed the bathroom was certainly showing signs of age and a renovation in the appeared to be in order. My biggest criticism of this hotel was the fact that the walls between the suites appeared to be very poorly insulated from sound so that if you had noisy people in the next room you could hear everything...not to mention the showers going. Unfortunately, on our first night there we were next too a group of very noisy young folks who kept us up all night. Fortunately, the second night was quieter...On a more positive note, the complementary buffet breakfast was excellent and perhaps one of the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. The service staff were polite and helpful. The food was hot and plentiful. Overall my experience was so-so. While I would recommend the hotel, I would do so with the proviso that it can be noisy but the buffet breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Would recommend requesting a room on the second floor at the end of a row away from the outside stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family