“Clean Budget Hotel”
Review of Mount Robson Inn

Mount Robson Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hotel was just fine, clean and a good place to sleep. It was "no frills" but that suited us ok, we were in Jasper to hike, not relax in a hotel room. Nice and clean with friendly staff. Its a short walk (10 minutes) into Jasper, so easy enough to walk into town for dinner.

Its on the highway, and close to teh train, so I could see it be being noisy when there is a lot of traffic.

Its across from a forest, and we saw Elk from our balcony, so wildlife viewings are definitely possible.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, i would suggest asking for a hotel towards the back. We were at the front, had a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kattrins
Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel was close to the highway exit and a walk away from the town and railway station. The room was small but cozy and more importantly clean. The staff were nice and helpful. Parking was free and the restaurent had a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night at the Inn and would definitely choose this Inn again another time. The rooms were comfortable, clean and had the amenities that we needed. It is located in a good place at one end of town so we were able to walk the whole town and enjoy all the scenery and attractions without having to drive.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room and were able to enjoy the mountains all around us.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I booked this hotel sight unseen for 2 families (5 people) of which one was elderly. Rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained. Bathrooms looked as if they'd been recently renovated - very nice.
We didn't make use of the two hot tubs but there was always someone in them.
It also looked well appointed for the winter traveller with rubberized walkways and storage lockers for skis.
No smoking policy well enforced and no pets (unfortunate for us as we have 2 dogs who had to stay home).
The dining room provided a really nice breakfast. We had dinner in town at a really nice place.
The only reason I gave this 4 stars is because of the price. A bit expensive.
By the way, there were a bunch of motorcyclists at the hotel as well. While their bikes were a bit noisy they were all really friendly and my elderly Mom's fears of all night partying was unfounded.
We really enjoyed our stay and will return if we ever get back to beautiful Jasper.

Room Tip: Don't really think there is a bad spot though you may want to be away from the main drag.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Before my stay at the Mount Robson Inn, I was a little nervous based on some reviews. For the most part, it was much better than expected for my one night stay. It's overpriced at $200 a night in an economy room, but you're more likely to overpay for a room in Jasper during the high peak seasons (summer and winter). I was given a tip from the staff that late April/early May, and October are the best times of the year for lower hotel rates. It's unlikely that I'll be in Jasper during that time of year (my work schedule), but worth sharing. Considering that I usually stay in 2 and 3 star hotels, this was the most expensive room I stayed in. Far from the worst room that I stayed in, but not the best either. It was basic and small, but met my needs for a night. Did receive a 10% off coupon for a bus tour, but didn't use it as I had other activities planned on my overnight stay.

Despite the hefty price, I would consider staying down the road if I was in Jasper during the slower times of the year. It was an overnight stop after a 6 night stay in Valemount before heading home to conclude my week long vacation. I was allowed to check in early for the purposes of leaving my car in the parking lot. Jasper is a busy mountain town on the weekends during the summer, and parking is a premium. This hotel has more on-site parking compared to some others in the town. The location of the hotel is a few blocks away from downtown, which comes in handy if you don't like fighting traffic. After leaving my vehicle in the parking lot, I was able to walk around the town and check much of it out before receiving my room key later in the afternoon. There's an outdoor hot tub, and family restaurant on-site but didn't use either due to other plans, and there's plenty of restaurants to choose from in Jasper. Had no problems of noise despite the motel set-up, and my room being above the restaurant. No problems with the staff at the hotel either during my stay. Leaving my vehicle early in the afternoon before receiving my room key, and the rate tip shows some of their service provided. Another nice touch is the garden beside the restaurant that shouldn't be overlooked. Adds some character to the hotel on the outside. Inside at the front desk, they have a nice painting of Mount Robson which is my favourite site in the Canadian Rockies.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo