“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Jasper
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 October 2015

Jasper Park Lodge was a great place to stay for my recent trip to Jasper. The grounds are beautiful with lots of areas to explore. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, the food was amazing and there spa was wonderful! I would recommend the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge as a great place to stay. I found it really great that they had many shuttles available to take me into town or pick me up directly from the hotel for some of the tours I wanted to go on. Town wasn't in walking distance of the hotel but if you don't come to the hotel with a vehicle there are shuttles available to drop you and pick you up from town. My trip was very memorable and I'm already thinking of going back next year!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank G1928IQlaj
FairmontJPL, General Manager at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear G1928lQlaj,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to read that your stay here was so memorable; we take great pride in turning moments into memories through our friendly and helpful staff. I am also happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our shuttles to explore the town and surrounding area. I look forward in welcoming you back at your next visit.

Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge

Write a ReviewReviews (4,209)

Reviewed 30 October 2015

The Fairmont JPL is a wonderful place to stay. From the outstanding service to the views and amenities you just can't go wrong. The jr suite we stayed in had been renovated and was all that we could have hoped for. Loved having a wood burning fire to take the chill out of the Autumn air. We would definitely stay again! You do pay more to stay at JPL but it's worth it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H

Dear Karen H,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to read that you were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms; we are very excited about the changes. I would like to thank you as well for such wonderful compliments regarding our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

we stayed for 3 nights, as part of the Fall Seniors Getaway. So, its a bit different than booking on own and doing your own thing, but the property is really unique. Its got a ton of history to it. Service in all departments was impeccable. Food was outstanding. The chalets have a very calm, relaxing, and serene atmosphere. Beds are good. The pool and gym are great. Love the steam room. I think its a great place to get away from it all for awhile. I think it could be pretty pricey.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank rocketman000

Dear rocketman000,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us at the Fall Seniors Getaway! I would also like to thank you for your compliments regarding our staff and dining. Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our staff are turning moments into memories for guests such as yourself. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

The mistake was that we thought this place would be a very nice place because it was a Fairmont. Boy, were we wrong. It started off with them giving us the wrong room. When we went to the front desk they would not acknowledge that they had made a mistake. We talked to at least 3 different people including the manager. Funny thing is I had the email from them showing our reservation and the type of room we had reserved. They didn't have that type of room to give us. Found a bug in the bed, which my husband took to the front desk, the food at the restaurant was terrible. I didn't know prime rib could be sliced that thin. We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and we were to spend 2 nights. We left the next day for Lake Louise. One night was one too many. They are not like any Fairmont we ever stayed in. My recommendation is if you go to Jasper do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamessV3361BT

Dear jamessV3361BT,
Thank you for providing us with your constructive feedback. I am truly disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my most sincere apologies you felt your concerns were not acknowledged. We are not perfect and when our guests are faced with challenges, it is more than resolving the problem, our goal is to restore confidence. The confidence that you can come to any of our dedicated staff with an issue and know it will be taken care of. We failed to do this and for that, I am deeply sorry. The Fairmont brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and I am sorry you did not find this. I hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the near future for a more positive and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I have stayed here many times in the past 20 years. What I noticed this time is that my beloved JPL is getting more and more tired. The rooms are quaint and rustic yes....but also old and dilapidated.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy000000

Dear Lucy000000,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It brings me great pleasure to inform you that we are currently going through a number of renovations. We hope to welcome you back when they are completed!