4,793 results
All reviews golf course emerald lounge orso lac beauvert moose's nook outdoor pool main building junior suite lake view beautiful property horseback riding canadian rockies jpl scenery elk lakeview wildlife
Reviewed 30 October 2015

The Fairmont JPL is a wonderful place to stay. From the outstanding service to the views and amenities you just can't go wrong. The jr suite we stayed in had been renovated and was all that we could have hoped for. Loved having a wood burning fire to take the chill out of the Autumn air. We would definitely stay again! You do pay more to stay at JPL but it's worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Karen H
FairmontJPL, General Manager at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Karen H,

Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to read that you were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms; we are very excited about the changes. I would like to thank you as well for such wonderful compliments regarding our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

we stayed for 3 nights, as part of the Fall Seniors Getaway. So, its a bit different than booking on own and doing your own thing, but the property is really unique. Its got a ton of history to it. Service in all departments was impeccable. Food was outstanding. The chalets have a very calm, relaxing, and serene atmosphere. Beds are good. The pool and gym are great. Love the steam room. I think its a great place to get away from it all for awhile. I think it could be pretty pricey.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank rocketman000

Dear rocketman000,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us at the Fall Seniors Getaway! I would also like to thank you for your compliments regarding our staff and dining. Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our staff are turning moments into memories for guests such as yourself. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

The mistake was that we thought this place would be a very nice place because it was a Fairmont. Boy, were we wrong. It started off with them giving us the wrong room. When we went to the front desk they would not acknowledge that they had made a mistake. We talked to at least 3 different people including the manager. Funny thing is I had the email from them showing our reservation and the type of room we had reserved. They didn't have that type of room to give us. Found a bug in the bed, which my husband took to the front desk, the food at the restaurant was terrible. I didn't know prime rib could be sliced that thin. We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and we were to spend 2 nights. We left the next day for Lake Louise. One night was one too many. They are not like any Fairmont we ever stayed in. My recommendation is if you go to Jasper do not stay here.

Date of stay: August 2015
2  Thank jamessV3361BT

Dear jamessV3361BT,
Thank you for providing us with your constructive feedback. I am truly disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my most sincere apologies you felt your concerns were not acknowledged. We are not perfect and when our guests are faced with challenges, it is more than resolving the problem, our goal is to restore confidence. The confidence that you can come to any of our dedicated staff with an issue and know it will be taken care of. We failed to do this and for that, I am deeply sorry. The Fairmont brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and I am sorry you did not find this. I hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the near future for a more positive and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I have stayed here many times in the past 20 years. What I noticed this time is that my beloved JPL is getting more and more tired. The rooms are quaint and rustic yes....but also old and dilapidated.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Lucy000000

Dear Lucy000000,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It brings me great pleasure to inform you that we are currently going through a number of renovations. We hope to welcome you back when they are completed!

Reviewed 29 October 2015

We stayed here for the Thanksgiving long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) and enjoyed many of the amenities on offer. When we drove up our room assignment and keys were on hand at the valet station (my wife is a President's Club member) and the friendly attendant gave us a map and directions to our room as well as advice for parking.

We had an end room in one of the cottage blocks and it was nice and roomy. It had lots of windows plus a small seating area that had a fold-out bed plus a small table and chairs. It was nice to not have to sit on the bed or sit in a corner. Ample room to sit and read and watch the weather. While we did not have a great view we did enjoy watching the squirrels and chipmunks and even a pine marten that ran by the window.

For the Thanksgiving Weekend there were lots of activities on the schedule. Most were family oriented and we liked all the pumpkins carved by the many families staying at the resort. We ate a couple of dinners in the lounge and they were quite good. We also signed up for the wine tasting which was fun and well attended.

The highlight of our weekend was Thanksgiving dinner. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. It was a smorgasbord and there was so much food it was hard to know where to start. I completely missed most of the appetizers the first time around so I had to go back and have appetizers as a second course.

The Jasper Park Lodge is a pleasant and comfortable place to stay. It's easy to walk around and only a short drive to the Town of Jasper and other sites.

• Trip type: Travelled with family