“Beautiful cabins, better view!”

Jasper House Bungalows
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Beautiful property right on the Athabasca. We were in unit 15 which had an incredible view up the valley. Had dinner at the restaurant - FABULOUS food and service! Cabin was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed to cook a great breakfast in the morning! We will be sure to recommend this place to all our friends!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Donaldagirl

Reviewed 31 August 2011

Super clean property and helpful staff. Relaxing by the river after a bike ride and falling asleep in a quiet cabin made for a perfect weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RMHM73
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at the Jasper House for 2 nights as part of a tour. The "bungalows" are not stand alone units but a strip of 4 in a row. There is a small sitting area outside each room that over looks the parking lot. Fortunately, there is a path that leads to the Athabasca River and there is some seating available.
The cabins are clean with a decent (but small) bathroom but there isn't any A/C.
Mosquitos were an issue in the evening, bt in the morning there were 3 elk roaming the grounds...nature..
Breakfast was included and since we were with a group it was served buffet style..the usual fare of steam table eggs, bacon, frecnh toast etc. Ok food, but not great. Ordering from the menu would probably be a good idea, if you have the option.
Dinner was included one night and my husband and I chose the salmon. It was served with vegetables and was properly cooked and had flavor.
If you want a peaceful location; out of the action, then this is a nice place to stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SRQgirl
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I've been sleeping in a "suite for two" for 3 nights with my family during my holidays in Canada.
I've to say that the cabin was very clean with a well-organized kitchenette. I used it to prepare some meals and everything was perfect. But pay attention: you have to wash everything you used in the kitchenette, otherwise you have to pay a fee.
When I booked the bungalow I asked for one suite with riverwiev (that I had). So, from the linvingroom windows, I could see the Athabasca river and some wild animals.
My bungalow was spacious but the furnishings were old. Beds weren't too much comfortable (above all the "hide-a-bed" of our son). The walls between my bungalow and next door were very thin so I could hear my neighbours talking and moving (above all their steps on the floor that made shake even the roof).
The price isn't cheap but that's what you have to pay for this area in August.
It is a relaxing place, 3 kms far from the town of Jasper, so you need a car (but it's just 5 minutes from the city centre).
I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SYD67
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Jasper House bungalows is a complex of rustical log cabins situated a few kilometres outside Jasper. We had a standard room with a view overlooking Athabasca River. The cabin was spacious and quaint with 2 queen size beds. We had a small patio and there were seats and tables on the lawn where you could enjoy a snack or watch people rafting down the river. The location was ideal and very quiet, not like most of the hotels in Jasper which are facing the main road. We didn't use the restaurant as it only opened on the day of our arrival and the menu was very limited. Ideal place and not to expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.