“Delicious fresh sushi in landlocked Edmonton”
Review of Washoku Bistro

Washoku Bistro
Ranked #153 of 2,661 Restaurants in Edmonton
Reviewed 21 December 2017

The sushi was great; fresh, diversity in rolls, good portions and well priced!
The service was excellent; very friendly and helpful when asked questions on the menu.
We will be back!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

My wife and I have now been to Washoku Bistro twice - and the experience each time has been excellent. The first time was for dinner, where we tried several courses including grilled pork belly, which comes with sauteed vegetables, gochujang sauce, and is served on a sizzling hot plate. This was simply delicious and was enough for us both to agree that we would be coming back. The sushi and sashimi were all first class too. On our second visit we were there for lunch. No pork belly on the lunch menu, but still a very good meal. My favorite was the Tiger's Eye made with shrimp tempura, crabmeat, cucumber, avocado and barbecued eel . Very good service, mid-range prices - and a place where we'll be returning often.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was a great find. Ample parking in the rear. The visit was part of our search for Edmonton's best Bento box. This was our fifth restaurant and was by far the best. Very fresh seafood and generous portions. The rolls were excellent especially the spicy salmon roll. Our server Grace was both helpful and friendly. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Great little sushi bistro. Went for lunch with friends. Try the lunch combo, miso soup, salad, side and a roll. I had the red dragon roll. Crab, shrimp, avocado wrapped with salmon. Wonderful! Had the tofu as a side. Not my favourite. Great service. Portions are very large so beware.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I have been to this restaurant numerous times, which for a family of four is surprising....and never once have I been disappointed. The food is fabulous...you certainly get your fill.....they have many great sushi to pick from. My favourite is the Caterpillar roll as nice kick with the spice, but my children love the Dragon roll. The staff is very considerate and prompt. The decor is always nice. All I can say is that it is one thing to be fabulous....but consistently is very difficult....but Washoku delivers each time.