“Excellent ”
Review of Violino

Violino
Reserve with OpenTable
Violino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #787 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Westmount
Description: This intimate, family-owned Ristorante is one of the finest Italian eateries in Alberta.Violino has the reputation as being one of the most respected and influential Italian restaurant in Edmonton. The welcoming atmosphere and the sophisticated cuisine steeped in the rich tradition of Italian food culture, refined Violino as an authentic Italian restaurant.Violino specializes in the rich food and wine culture from Italian Peninsula, creating refined but unfussy food served in a lively intimate atmosphere accompanied with a comprehensive wine list.This elegant restaurant located in downtown is perfect for intimate gatherings and business meetings to spectacular events, you will enjoy the incredible service and food in a welcoming and sophisticated Italian oasis.Ideally located steps away from shopping,hotels.
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Quaint setting in the lovely high street area in old Glenora, Violino is a perfect place for lunch or dinner.

We went for a late lunch, choosing to sit indoors given the day was hot. There is a great patio showcasing lush, beautiful flowers.

The outdoor pizza oven turns out traditional, chewy pizzas creatively plated, the pasta is delicious, light and freshly made.

For me, the biggest plus was that Violino welcomes both vegetarians and celiacs. Given every meal is made from scratch, I was informed that they can adapt almost any menu item to meet dietary restrictions.

Our party thoroughly enjoyed our meal as well as the surprise, complimentary mango & white chocolate mousse we were given to share.

I highly recommend this restaurant.

If budget is a consideration, Violino is fairly expensive-especially for lunch. However, it definitely falls into the fine dining category so one would automatically expect to pay a bit more.

1  Thank Foxjax

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Both the food and the service at this restaurant are extraordinary. The lunch menu has many excellent choices from starters to salads to pastas to paninis. The wine selection is varied and reasonably priced.
I opted for the Cobb salad which was visually very appealing with a taste to match. My friend, who is gluten intolerant basically had a choice of most of the menu items. Gluten free pasta and pizza are available as well as a choice to have the panini items served on a bed of greens. She chose the grilled salmon which was very tasty.
The server went out of his way to accommodate us making this a very satisfying dining experience.

1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.
We couldn't think of anywhere new to try, so I opened up my open table app and plugged in a date and time, and Violino popped up...
I knew that exact moment, I wanted to eat here.
I've driven by several times and kept thinking, I will eat there next time I go out... but easily forgot.
Luckily they offer the convenience of booking online, or I probably would have forgotten again.

Upon arrival, we were greeted and seated immediately.
We were even offered our choice or table.
I wish I could remember our waiters name, he was fantastic.
We asked if we were celebrating anything special, and we did share it was our anniversary.
We started off with some shares appetizers- the arancini balls and the Caesar salad- both hands down the best I've ever had at a restaurant
I would return daily just for them both if I could.
For my entree, I had the signature chicken fettuccini, flambéed in a parmesan cheese wheel. It was to die for- So so good.
I did not finish my entree to save room for dessert - creme brûlée, one of my faves
My husband ordered cheesecake.
Our desserts came out on a beautiful board with an extra combo dessert (bread pudding) with Happy Anniversary written in coulis. What a nice gesture. All 3 desserts were phenomenal needless to say, we were stuffed when we left.
Thank you Violino for treating us and feeding us so well on our anniversary.. we will be back!

2  Thank JDZAPS
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I went with my wife and 2 babies to have lunch here. It was nice place and music on the background, fabulous service. The Figura Pizza my wife ordered was increible. I ordered the Linguini Nero Bianco, that were also pretty delicious.

1  Thank Felix L
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This was our first time here and the patio is spectacular. Our waitress was very attentive and lovely service. My husband had the spaghetti bolognese and raved about it. I had the lasagne and I would not rave about it but it was good. The bread to start was a really nice crusty loaf with balsamic and oil.

1  Thank lakershome123