“Best meal out in a long time ”
Review of Violino

Violino
Reserve with OpenTable
Violino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #378 of 2,611 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Westmount
Description: This intimate, family-owned Ristorante is one of the finest Italian eateries in Alberta.Violino has the reputation as being one of the most respected and influential Italian restaurant in Edmonton. The welcoming atmosphere and the sophisticated cuisine steeped in the rich tradition of Italian food culture, refined Violino as an authentic Italian restaurant.Violino specializes in the rich food and wine culture from Italian Peninsula, creating refined but unfussy food served in a lively intimate atmosphere accompanied with a comprehensive wine list.This elegant restaurant located in downtown is perfect for intimate gatherings and business meetings to spectacular events, you will enjoy the incredible service and food in a welcoming and sophisticated Italian oasis.Ideally located steps away from shopping,hotels.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.
We couldn't think of anywhere new to try, so I opened up my open table app and plugged in a date and time, and Violino popped up...
I knew that exact moment, I wanted to eat here.
I've driven by several times and kept thinking, I will eat there next time I go out... but easily forgot.
Luckily they offer the convenience of booking online, or I probably would have forgotten again.

Upon arrival, we were greeted and seated immediately.
We were even offered our choice or table.
I wish I could remember our waiters name, he was fantastic.
We asked if we were celebrating anything special, and we did share it was our anniversary.
We started off with some shares appetizers- the arancini balls and the Caesar salad- both hands down the best I've ever had at a restaurant
I would return daily just for them both if I could.
For my entree, I had the signature chicken fettuccini, flambéed in a parmesan cheese wheel. It was to die for- So so good.
I did not finish my entree to save room for dessert - creme brûlée, one of my faves
My husband ordered cheesecake.
Our desserts came out on a beautiful board with an extra combo dessert (bread pudding) with Happy Anniversary written in coulis. What a nice gesture. All 3 desserts were phenomenal needless to say, we were stuffed when we left.
Thank you Violino for treating us and feeding us so well on our anniversary.. we will be back!

2  Thank JDZAPS

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I went with my wife and 2 babies to have lunch here. It was nice place and music on the background, fabulous service. The Figura Pizza my wife ordered was increible. I ordered the Linguini Nero Bianco, that were also pretty delicious.

1  Thank Felix L
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This was our first time here and the patio is spectacular. Our waitress was very attentive and lovely service. My husband had the spaghetti bolognese and raved about it. I had the lasagne and I would not rave about it but it was good. The bread to start was a really nice crusty loaf with balsamic and oil.

1  Thank lakershome123
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We came here for my birthday supper and if I could give a 10 rating, I would!! The service was beyond compare and the food was so delicious! We had the cold charcuterie platter and then my husband and I each had pasta. When I told the server it was my birthday he gave me a lovely compliment; and at the end of the evening when I could not even eat any more, he surprised me with dessert and a sparkler!! Highly highly recommend!!

3  Thank Bikinigirlhawaii
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Last friday me and my husband went to Violino to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. The restaurant is absolutley gorgeous, it is locatet on the High Street on 124th Street with Jasper Avenue. Since the weather was beautiful we dine in on the patio. My husband is siliac so I thought they wont be too many options for the meal but the waitress was very nice and she said they can accomodate us with any meal since everything is made from scratch. At the begining she broth us regular bread and gluten free bread complimentary. We had scallops and lobster dip for our apetizer, the cockatil sos from the scallops was the best I could ever have in my life. The lobster dip was fabulous, lots of pieces of lobster meat were inside. For the main course we choosewas the rib eye steak and halibut. the steak was perfectly cocked medium rare and the fish was perfectly done and accompaniated with the lemeon cream sos. As a surprise for us the waitress served us a bread pudding on the house with a sparkle and a happy annyversary writing nicely on the plate. We also ordererd a mango moose wich was a perfect decision for a hot weather. The service was excelent and the food outstanding, we will defenetly go back.

1  Thank enib0404