“Very Pleasant Dinner For 4”
Review of Wildflower Grill

Wildflower Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildflower Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Price range: US$27 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Wildflower Grill is a contemporary restaurant that offers an innovative menu which highlights Canada's diverse culture and history. The menu features game meats and fresh seafood that accentuates fresh flavours. Located in a Downtown Edmonton, Wildflower has become one of Edmonton's top dining spots.
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Went for dinner with another couple prior to a burlesque show. Service was very good without being too formal or stiff. Ordered the bison and my wife ordered the beef tenderloin. Our friends both ordered the short ribs. These were all very good. Portions were a reasonable size. Will definitely come again.

1  Thank tautripreview

Reviewed 25 April 2017

The two of us thoroughly enjoyed this dinner; the pace was excellent; the server was very knowledgeable and entertaining; the food was excellent. We loved participating in downtown dining week with the set menus, great experience.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

This hotel was, to the best of my recollection, located close to the Matrix Hotel. It was not a very huge place but was a nice place to have a meal. I was dining with another person and we were seated at some tables that were placed against the wall. The tables were not very large so there was not room to place much else on the table except my purse and phone. That being said, I thought the service we received was professional and the waiter was friendly. He suggested a good wine for us to try and he was spot on!

For dinner we had the short ribs with potatoes and vegetables. The ribs were awesome!!! The food took about 20 minutes or so to arrive after we ordered, so the wait was not a long one in my opinion.

The ambience in the restaurant was very lively and I felt comfortable there. I would definitely dine there again if I am ever in that part of Edmonton.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

A friend and I went here for downtown dining week and got the special. The menu online and in restaurant were not the same. The food was good but needed something a little more. The risotto was fine but could have used a mushroom or a protein. The soup on the menu said there was bacon but there was no bacon or even bacon flavouring to the soup. It wasn't terrible but my expectations were higher based on eating here a few years ago where the food was outstanding.

James k, Owner at Wildflower Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Hello there Charity,

I apologize that you had the poor experience. We just took over under new ownership now and would love to have you come back.

The website is current with our new menu and prices!

Thanks you,

James Kim

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We went for dinner during downtown dinning week. The quality of the foods was less than expected - ordered filet mignon, medium, but came out with blood in it, sent it back, when brought it back, the outside of the filet was burnt....the environment was very noisy and crowded - they squeezed in way more table that it should be....In general, it was not a good experience for $126 bill (for 2 people)