“The best”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: McCauley
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Small place with amazing food. We are regulars and each visit it is always the same excellent the sauce in the green curry with fish is tasty. Their spring rolls are packed with chicken and shrimp. Red curry with bamboo amazing. You won't be disappointed. No credit cards . Great value for your money.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I lived in Thailand for several years. I am now back in Canada and long for good Thai food and I found it at Boualouang.

Their Som Tam (Papaya Salad), Green Curry, Coconut Rice and stir-fry with a name I can't recall were all winners.

The Som Tam tasted just like the best street food in Chiang Mai or Bangkok. The Papaya was julienned the correct way too. Some Thai restaurants in Canada julienne the green papaya into rectangular strips which is not the right shape and effects the texture of the salad. Boualouang is liberal with their peanuts which I like.

Despite not being 100% Thai, but a Loas fusion. They had memorable food and I look forward to visiting again next time I am in Edmonton. 3 Thumbs up!

The only thing I found odd, the waitress didn't know what a Som Tam was (a green papaya salad). In my mind, that's as common a Thai food as a Pad Thai.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The flavor was very decent, but the portion was smaller than normal restaurants. Their service was not good, some servers couldn't understand English properly.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I got a pad-thai (meat choice: beef) for $18. It was delicious and a generous size. When I asked the waitress about gluten-free, she said confidently that most of the choices could be made gluten-free. They used rice noodles. I didn't react to any gluten and was quite happy.

One minor complaint was that some of the 8 people at our table were served several minutes later than others (Drunken noodles took longer than pad-thai?).

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I came in for lunch the other day. Nice spot, quaint. The service was good, things were busy, a bit slow but the server was very friendly and attentive.

We shared the Thai soup and the Mango salad. Both were excellent. The mango salad was very generous with wonderful flavour.

I will certainly come back.