“BEST BEEF IN EDMONTON”

Neighbourhood: Calgary Trail North
Cross street: 51 Avenue
Transit: Bus #6, #80
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I am a huge fan of the Sawmill as their beef is # 1 with me. I love this location and I always take 2 bottles of their famous steak sauce back to Ontario with me.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Terrific lunch buffet with carved roast beef as well as ham. Plenty of vegetarian options. Very nice salad bar etc. you can order from the menu also, nice to have the choice.

The price was terrific for the quality at approximately $20 per person. Looking forward to going back.

Trip advisor lists as Sawmill, but they own this concept Tom Goodchild’s Moose Factory.

Very nice room, with lots of seating.

Give it a try, I’m sure dinner would be great

Reviewed 27 October 2017

A group of 3 went for dinner mid-week. Upon entering for the 1st time, the place felt very upscale, comfortable and just had an overall excellent ambience. We were seated fairly promptly, and service throughout the evening was excellent. The 1st 10 minutes set a high bar. Unfortunately, the food itself was average. The bacon wrapped scallops had an unusual aftertaste and the bacon was crispier than it should have been. As far as entrees, the lamb was deemed very good. The ribs, though tasty, were quite tough and not close to 'fall off the bone'. Lastly, the sirloin steak, cooked as expected, just was missing some flavor or seasoning you would expect from a top steak house. Desserts were had, from the chocolate sundae to the crisp, and all again were just adequate. We'll try it again, one more time, but will hope the food matches the setting.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night, which would normally be a busy time, but the place was empty. I thought it was strange, but I think that now I know why. We arrived at 7:30 and had our drink order taken at 8:05. Drinks in hand 45 minutes after arrival. Did I mention the place was empty?

Food order was taken about 8:20 and food arrived in good time. I had the prime rib, which was roughly 60% fat and gristle. When the waiter came to take the plate away he didn’t notice or comment on the big pile of waste on my plate.

When it was time for the bill I had to go and find the waiter after waiting 25 minutes in an empty restaurant. 15 minutes after that the bill arrived.

You know the old saying, “if the service is bad, tell us, if it is good, tell everyone “? I went to the restaurant website where there is a feedback form. I left the narrative above with my phone number and email address. Heard nothing back.

Awful place, will not return.

1  Thank CDN2UK
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Have only been to the steak house once and it was very good. The portions could be smaller as they are very large but the service was fantastic. If you want to try a nice dining experience this is a place to recommend.