“Bad food, bad service, no response from management ”

Tom Goodchild's Moose Factory
Neighbourhood: Calgary Trail North
Cross street: 51 Avenue
Transit: Bus #6, #80
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night, which would normally be a busy time, but the place was empty. I thought it was strange, but I think that now I know why. We arrived at 7:30 and had our drink order taken at 8:05. Drinks in hand 45 minutes after arrival. Did I mention the place was empty?

Food order was taken about 8:20 and food arrived in good time. I had the prime rib, which was roughly 60% fat and gristle. When the waiter came to take the plate away he didn’t notice or comment on the big pile of waste on my plate.

When it was time for the bill I had to go and find the waiter after waiting 25 minutes in an empty restaurant. 15 minutes after that the bill arrived.

You know the old saying, “if the service is bad, tell us, if it is good, tell everyone “? I went to the restaurant website where there is a feedback form. I left the narrative above with my phone number and email address. Heard nothing back.

Awful place, will not return.

1  Thank CDN2UK

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Have only been to the steak house once and it was very good. The portions could be smaller as they are very large but the service was fantastic. If you want to try a nice dining experience this is a place to recommend.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We went for dinner with friends and the service and food were great. They could cut their portions in half and charge half as much. Prime rib was done to perfection and very tender. Yorkshire pudding was over done.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Went with family, haven't seen in a while. Started with the clam chowder, not your typical clam chowder, and frankly, wish they would have stuck to the basics, not very good. Supper went way up from there, my steak was very good, rest had prime rib, very good also. A little confusion from the server to the kitchen as far as a vegetable substitution, but nothing too drastic. Dessert was fantastic. Atmosphere was very nice, we can sat and visited for a couple hours after supper, no pressure to leave at all. All in all, positive experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My wife and I come here often, it has the perfect blend of great food, atmosphere, & service that we've come to really enjoy. Although I will say, since our first visit in 2005', quality may have dipped slightly, but it's still one of our top 10.

Been to Tom Goodchild's Moose Factory? Share your experiences!