“Tasty AYCE sushi”

Watari Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #222 of 2,792 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

This is a favourite when sushi is a craving. The portions are reasonable, dishes well-preserved and it's very worth the price, value for dollar. The sashimi is tasty, and they are able to provide tempura dishes that accomodate for gluten free needs. Servers are generally attentive, with the rarity being a bit of a wait now and again. This restaurant is well-preserved and can get very busy, so if you're not anticipating a bit of a wait to get a table, it can be a bit of a surprise. Dinner for two typically runs in and around $80-100, depending on whether alcohol or add-ons are ordered. We typically don't choose those things, and with a reasonable tip spend about $85-90, taxes in. I've found when we choose different sushi restaurants, we spend at least that much, often more, so it feels very worth it to come here. Keep up the good stuff, Watari. You have a loyal client here.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I love this restaurant and have been many many times.
Only downfalls are the service can be extremely shaky sometimes when they’re busy (which is almost every evening from 5-8) and you will more than likely have to wait for a table if you don’t make a reservation

Upside, their sashimi is to die for and all other menu items are great quality especially for an all you can eat set price.

Definitely go to this restaurant but if your Pepsi takes forever or gets completely forgotten or you’re missing something your ordered, just grab the server and reorder them. Like I said, it’s very busy and I can guarantee something will get forgotten...it happens to me every single time I’m there which is often. I always go back for more though!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner in the last two weeks. It’s an all you can eat sushi restaurant and the service is amazing. We were never left long between plates. Table was cleared when ever needed and water was always refilled. Unlike other all you can eat this food doesn’t taste mass produced. It look and tastes like someone cares that it is enjoyable I was surprised that the food was as good as it was as I’ve been to similar restaurants that were mediocre at best I am placing Watari on my monthly dine out place. The cost and the food are worth going for again and again. If you’ve never been you should try it !!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Watari is the best in town for all you can eat sushi. The food is always so good and fresh. It never disappoints. The service is friendly and the price is great for the amount of food you can have. Worth it every time!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Gets very busy all of a sudden may be worth booking a table in advance.

The service was very good and the selection process was easy to master. Word of warning though you need to have your wits about you and order is sensible quantities. Although you order mainly single orders it soon stacks up.
So for the 36$ the food is ok. I’ve been to some amazing Japanese places recently and quite honestly I found the food very average. But if you need to fill your boots on sushi this is the place for you.

Date of visit: December 2017