“Fresh and yummy little gem ”
Review of Yokozuna

Yokozuna
Ranked #172 of 2,763 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great little spot in southwest Edmonton. It's a very cozy interior, staff were great and the food was fresh! We had the bento box and all the sushi and sashimi was delicious. Will be back soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My grandson and I had a fantastic experience at this restaurant. Service was quick and pleasant. I was obviously having trouble using chopsticks but several times they offered to bring a fork; I was determined to learn how to eat with the chopsticks. We both had Bento which included miso, salad, tempura vegetables, sushi, shrimp and chicken on beds of sticky rice. The food tasted wonderful and was worth the $25-$30 price. One does not leave hungry. I especially enjoyed one of the plus wines served in 2-ounce glasses. Definitely what you're looking for if you want Japanese.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We were in the strip mall to visit Early Goods and it was time for dinner so we thought we would try this restaurant. The decor and service are elegant. The first visit we had the house salad, sone rolls and the house tuna carpaccio. All were excellent and I am someone who does not usually go to Japanese restaurants. It converted me so we went back a second time and tried some different dishes which we also enjoyed.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

A nondescript small strip mall location, but parking lot is full for the dinner service. It has been in hesitance for quite a while, which also tells you about the quality.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This sushi joint is my go-to in Edmonton. The salmon and tuna sashimi are always fresh and generously portioned, as are the nigiri items. My favorites are chop scallop, masago, and unagi. The sauce on their gomae (spinach) is fantastic. Great selection of beers and REAL saki. Located within a non-descript stripmall, however, a fairly recent expansion and renovation has created a spacious, modern, comfortable layout (booths & sushi bar) able to accommodate all comers. I often eat solo at the sushi bar, and can expect to have something in front of me within minutes of arrival ! Takeout is available and appears to be quite popular.