“Service was good.”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #1,938 of 2,763 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Dinner
Neighbourhood: Calgary Trail South
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Service was good, food was ok but fries were very salty. It has been a while since I have ordered alcohol in a restaurant, is there actually any alcohol in them?

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Went to this Montana's to celebrate a friend's birthday what a let down from the last time I was there. We arrived just after 8 pm as soon as we got in the door the hostess advised we are out of ribs, yet it was still written on the chalk board at the front door but fair enough. I had inquired if South Common location was out of ribs too. The gentleman at the front advised he could call. My friend said we are here now might as well stay since he felt being diabetic best to stay and order something here as he is on a timeline to eat after taking his shot.
We were seated and our drink order taken, after a while our waitress took our order, I had inquired about purchasing a gift card she said she would return with a book. She never did return. After awhile about 45 mins another staff member dropped a bucket with BBQ sauce in it, my friend inquired how long our meal would be, she advised she check and never came back. After a hour in the restaurant my friend said I will give it 5 more minutes for our food to come if not we are leaving. About 912 pm my friend advised a server that we are leaving it's been over a hour, she responded I'm sorry and nothing else. Another gentleman was there as well about his party's service saying it's ok as the server apologies to him. I looked into the kitchen and it appeared two other servers were having fun with horseplay in the kitchen with other staff. It would of not been so bad if any staff cared or even update us on the progress of the meals. When this happens at other restaurants at least they update you on the delay apologize and offer free beverages and a app. It was as if the staff here did not care at all about the patrons. It was ironic there were only 16 people in the whole place so not like it was very busy. It's interesting that others have noted the same problem on Google reviews poor and lack or service and it does not seem to be corrected or addressed by anyone at Cara Food's, such a let down. I question why others have said other Edmonton locations are ok just not this one.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My grand daughter and her friend and myself wanted ribs so off to Montana's The place was 75% full. Our server was quick to our table and got us our drinks and left us with menus. He was back in a few minutes and took our order. We had the pork ribs and kapow shrimp, 7 oz sirlion steak and the beef rib. The food was hot, tasty and filling. The food was enjoyed and our plates were clean. The prices seemed to have risen since we were last there but it was enjoyable time. .

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Small group get together, and I was really disappointing by the portion sizes. The prices have gone up, and the portion sizes have gotten smaller. I had the BBQ Sampler, and the lack of food on the plate was astonishing! I could have eaten two of these.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We always went to Montana's for steak but apparently they changed about 6 months ago. First, 3 waitresses 4 tables occupied but the service was like it was a packed house. When I asked about the steak she said they took most of them off the menu and that they are well known for their ribs. Well we ordered the only steak they had and a rack of ribs. All I can say about the ribs is "go to Tony Roma's".

They don't know how to cook a steak either, asked for medium and got a very bloody medium rare, almost rare. Was not impressed at all and I can say they lost my business.