“Vegan Menu at the Blue Willow”

Blue Willow Restaurant
Ranked #689 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Being vegan, it is very nice to go to a place that can accommodate my special-needs plus everyone else. I had a tofu scramble that had so much spinach, and was so delicious, I could not finish it. If you know me you know this is unusual. Especially with vegetables, You can eat a lot of vegetables!

My husband had a sandwich he really liked. Big portions, cute place, nice gift shop and Tucson casual. We will go back!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Took my Animethon staff for an appreciation dinner after the event. The restaurant staff was very helpful and courteous. The food was great and the ambience conducive to a most enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

This is our go to Chinese restaurant in Edmonton love the service and food is great. The lemon fish dish and lemon chicken both Fantastic. Try to get a warm face cloth twirl.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We've been fans of the Blue Willow since back-in-the-day when it was located on the south side of Jasper Avenue between 100 Street and 101 Street, and Vic Mah was owner/manager. The Cantonese style Chinese food has been terrific for decades. Not so much for our recent Friday night take out order. We found the lemon chicken in our order to be overcooked, though, and stringy. The shrimp fried rice was tasty as usual, but again, the baby shrimp in this dish were tough and chewy. The hint of curry in the egg rolls is always a favourite with us, but we were astonished with how greasy everything in our order was. The grease fairly glistened on every morsel, and coated our fingers if one dared touch anything with their hands. Our first truly disappointing experience with the Blue Willow.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Loved this restaurant, I like the Canadian Style Chinese food. Deluxe dinner for two has been my go to meal. The foil chicken was the bomb. It was as good it didn't stick to the foil but it was not as good. It's like they changed the recipe. Otherwise all the food was good but the service was not good. Our waiter sat in reception and talked to the hostess and did not pay much attention to the us. The restaurant was slow as was our food and bill. To bad really because I liked going here.

1  Thank pantux