“Used to be my go to Chinese restaurant ”

Blue Willow Restaurant
Ranked #535 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oliver
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Loved this restaurant, I like the Canadian Style Chinese food. Deluxe dinner for two has been my go to meal. The foil chicken was the bomb. It was as good it didn't stick to the foil but it was not as good. It's like they changed the recipe. Otherwise all the food was good but the service was not good. Our waiter sat in reception and talked to the hostess and did not pay much attention to the us. The restaurant was slow as was our food and bill. To bad really because I liked going here.

1  Thank pantux

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Went here with friends on New Year's Eve. We each picked a dish and ended up with 4 meals plus rice. My hubby says he left hungry. In hindsight we probably should have went with the dinner for 4. Food was ok, and we were glad to have somewhere to go before the hockey game as we had the 545 seating. Server wasn't too knowledgeable about some drinks so we stuck with oldies like Chi Chi and Margharita. Nice evening overall.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Menu is the same as ever but smaller portions and the quality has taken a nose-dive. Service was as poor as the food. Thought the second to last time was just an off night but the last visit was worse and the prices went up. So sad as this was one of my favorite places to go when visiting the city.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Now owned and operated by the 3rd generation of the MAH family. . . Offering both dining room and take out. No suprises here. .. constantly good, genorous portions at reasonable prices. Just a comfortable old fashioned Chinese restaurant. ...

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Great food. Off the beaten track if you don't live downtown but worth the trip. I recommend the Cantonese Chow Mein!